+ Reply to Thread
    Oceancityphill
    Sand Dollars

Question about old Commander Hotel

How many of you recall the days of the Old Commander Hotel on 14th street?
    I recant the old times I would take a bus trip yearly from a local tour bus company and we would always stay at the Commander. As a young person I loved it because of the meals being included I could easlily budget the little spend money I had that went a long way in the 70's and 80's lol. The meals were something to look forward too. The Maiter D Tom made you feel like a million bucks. Even years after I married, Tom still remembered us and treated us like we were the Royal Family. Does anyone know of Toms where a outs? Hope he is doing well and being treated the way he treated his customers. Also remember the ice cream shop, and book store underneath the hotel? The Pool in the back? I have seen the new Commander but have yet to stay there. I always stay at the Comfort Inn on 5th street. The hotel is nice but the service is great. The Manager Darin is the best and will make your stay a unforgetable one. I was injured in the Ocean a few years ago by a teen skipping sea shells and was struck near the eye with one and bled like a pig and Darin came to my rescue, calmed me down and took care of me. So it goes to show something good can come out of a bad experience. From a scary accident with a skipped seashell I made a wonderful friend that took the place of Tom from the commander. Thank you for your time and please share your experiences of the old Commander.
    God Bless you all

Kwhit
    now thats a great story...............really!