Thread: Phillips

+ Reply to Thread
    moonstars
    Sand Dollars

Phillips

My parents are wanting to take the grandchildren to O.C are looking for a apartment or condo at a good price. I saw Phillips Apartment beside the restaurant/hotel and was wondering if anyone ever stayed there. Also are they clean?

Beach Barb
    Sand Dollars
    We stayed in them some years ago and they were nice, large apartments. Haven't stayed there recently though

Sand Dollars
    If the food is any reflection of the apartments, I'd run away as fast as my two feet could carry me.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    If the food is any reflection of the apartments, I'd run away as fast as my two feet could carry me.
    It seems a lot of folks have been complaining about the way Phillips is "living on its laurels" and is no longer what it used to be. With that in mind, I, too, would look elsewhere.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by moonstars View Post
    My parents are wanting to take the grandchildren to O.C are looking for a apartment or condo at a good price. I saw Phillips Apartment beside the restaurant/hotel and was wondering if anyone ever stayed there. Also are they clean?
    Like you, I once thought about those apatments too, but (here's something for everyone to do now) next time your down there on the boards and you're walking past the place look over and pay close attention to who your neighbors would be! From what I've seen over the years, this place has no problem with renting to a bunch of out of control kids who (obviously over the room limit) cram in there together and hang out, and drink and carry on right out in the front of the place to weee hours of the morning... I think your parents and kids, would be way out of place here. my advise keep searching, I know it seems like a good deal for price and location, but sometimes all that glitters is not gold....

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    Like you, I once thought about those apatments too, but (here's something for everyone to do now) next time your down there on the boards and you're walking past the place look over and pay close attention to who your neighbors would be! From what I've seen over the years, this place has no problem with renting to a bunch of out of control kids who (obviously over the room limit) cram in there together and hang out, and drink and carry on right out in the front of the place to weee hours of the morning... I think your parents and kids, would be way out of place here. my advise keep searching, I know it seems like a good deal for price and location, but sometimes all that glitters is not gold....
    To be honest with you, I always thought that those apartments were where the seasonal Phillips employees lived....

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislynell View Post
    To be honest with you, I always thought that those apartments were where the seasonal Phillips employees lived....
    You could be right, perhaps some are for the general public, and the others are workers. It's kinda hard to believe they would put them up on the boardwalk though....

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars
    Hello Everyone, from what I understand those apartments are for the workers. Last Summer I was talking to one of the servers and she said that if you work at the restaurant you can stay in the apartments. So in others words, unruly kids!!!! I would choose another location if I were you.

Sand Dollars
    I too think these apartments are for Phillips workers as I know some workers who have spent the summer living there.

Depending when you want to go and for how long there are lots of great options for apartments to stay in in OCMD. For many years my family stayed at the Windjammer, ocean front on 46th street. That building is individually owned condos, but it is run as a motel so they have maid service and an on site manager. It has efficiencies, 1, 2 and 3 BR units. Not a lot of ammenities (no pool), but it does have a large area in front of the motel but behind the dunes where kids can play and where it is easy to keep an eye on them. I have not stayed there for a long time, but I've walked past it and it seems to still be in good shape.

If you want an apartment I'd check with the various condo rental agencies. Every option (basic, luxurious, big, small, oceanside, bayside...) and location imaginable is availble, and they even have some short weeks if you don't want to go for a whole week. You can get lots of info, including costs and availability on the reality web sites.