+ Reply to Thread
    GiRLrOcK
    Sand Dollars

Dunes Manor Hotel

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I just realized that I never let everyone know how my stay was at the Dunes Manor Hotel last August. It was excellent! So glad we chose to stay there and will stay there from now on. It was very clean also. We loved the big front porch and the oceanfront bar. They had happy hour for like 3 hours and the drinks were only $1.75....even frozen mixed drinks! There were also a lot of families with kids so I think the hotel was a nice mix of people. The only small complaint that I have is that the pool is in the strangest spot but I guess they didn't want to take away from the oceanfront side of the hotel. Tea time was also pretty neat, you could get hot tea or iced tea and all kinds of cookies and snacks. Again, after staying at the Holiday Inn on 17th a few times and the Crystal Beach...this was the best hotel for the money.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Thanks for taking the time to let us all know about your ttrip and stay at the DM.

Most of the reviews are positive from this hotel.

Did you eat in the Victorian Room?

Again thanks........

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars

Dunes Manor

Hi Everyone,

I stayed at the Dunes Manor a couple of weeks ago. I would stay there again. The rooms are very clean and I love the rocking chairs on the deck outside the lobby. We ate breakfast every morning at the Victorian room and it was OK. Our server on Saturday was great but on Sunday, our server was awful. Took her forever to come to the table, once she did took our order and never came back. I had to flag down another server when someone else brought my breakfast to me and it was wrong. That was the first time I had a bad experience there and the first time I did not leave a tip ever.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by NY-MD View Post
    ...Did you eat in the Victorian Room?...
    We have eaten there a few times over the last three years--since we first "discovered" it. We like the place, the food, and the view. Put that together with reasonable prices, a clean building with ample parking, and it becomes a "keeper."

And, thank you, GiRLrOcK, for the follow-up post. It is always great to hear about people having a pleasant stay at the beach. The vast majority of people do have a fine time, but it seems the few exceptions are the most "vocal."

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCtheBeach.com View Post
    It is always great to hear about people having a pleasant stay at the beach. The vast majority of people do have a fine time, but it seems the few exceptions are the most "vocal."

Yeah, it always makes me laugh when I hear of people going to the beach, and come back and say how miserable of a time they had. - If you can't have a good time when all you have to do is sit on the beach all day and plan where you are going to eat that night? Then how in the hell do you function in everyday life when the electric bill is past due, the water heater breaks, and your kid comes home and tells you he wrecked the car?!?!? ....People kill me!

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    I know DeanM, too many people come home from vacation and need another week to unwind from all the stress they put themselves through. My motto while vacationing is.....don't worry, be happy!

GiRLrOcK
    Sand Dollars
    Yes, we did eat in the Victorian Room but only for breakfast once. It was OK. We ate at the outside restaurant a few times too and that was fine. About the complaining thing....I am glad when people tell the truth about their rooms which is exactly why I do it. I know its supposed to be vacation and just a place to "crash" but its not like that to me. I NEED to stay in an extremely clean room or I seriously won't be able to sleep at night. Also for the amount of money you pay in Ocean City during the summer I believe that your service and room should be what you wanted. You have to appreciate all posts...good and bad!

Sand Dollars
    Just wanted to update. We stayed at the Dunes Manor hotel for Cruise In. This was our first time there and we chose it because of it's closeness to the tram (convenient for getting to the inlet easily). We arrived Thursday and were greeted by a doorman who directed us to the registration desk and bell carts. Registration people were very friendly and competent and explained where everything was and about their daily "tea time". We had requested, and received, an upper floor room. It was very nice. Two double beds, but that was fine. Was not real happy with the bathroom. Small, and the sink area was seperate from the commode and shower, so we had to leave that area to get things we forgot to take in with us. The tea time was nice, even though we were only in the hotel for one time. They served hot and iced tea, chocolate chip cookies and crumpets with orange marmalade. I got a kick out of the servers in formal wear. It was a nice touch. We had no problem parking Thursday or Friday night, but there was a wedding at the hotel on Saturday and after the concert (Temptations! Another great concert this year) there was no place to park. We found the underground parking area and there was one spot left fortunately. Checkout on Sunday was quick and easy. My only complaint was that the rooms weren't cleaned till after 2 o'clock and that's the time we want to return to our rooms and relax before dinner, so we ended up having to walk around or sit on the porch till she finished. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and we would definitely stay there again.