+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    When my daughter was younger we did the Discovery Cruise. It was a nice slow boat ride that was very interesting and informative. It stops over at Assateague and we have always seen the ponies, usually from a distance, but they were always there. There used to be a pirate ship boat ride, not sure where it cruises from, I thought it used to be out of Shanty Town, it may be in another location now, although we have never been on it, friends of ours have and their kids loved it.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBeachy` View Post
    There used to be a pirate ship boat ride, not sure where it cruises from, I thought it used to be out of Shanty Town, it may be in another location now, although we have never been on it, friends of ours have and their kids loved it.
    There are still two "pirate ship" cruises in the Ocean City area. One is the "Duckaneer" which is associated with M.R. Ducks and the other boat rides located on the Talbot Street Pier. The other pirate ship experience is located next to Harpoon Hanna's in Fenwick Island, DE. I think it's called the Sea Gypsy.

Sand Dollars
    Isn't there some sort of western town off of rte 50? I remember seeing it on the way to Assateaque. If your 13 year old (and maybe dad) is interested in cars, there is a very neat little museum on rte 50 across from the outlets called Wheels of Yesterday. We've been there around five times, and the older gentleman who owns it usually goes through with us and is so much fun to talk to. It's a lot bigger inside than it looks on the outside and lots and lots of really unique and cool cars and memorobelia inside. And they have a neat little gift shop too. Plus there are a lot of pictures of OC from long ago that are cool to see. I think it's like $3.00 a person for adults.
    We like the OC Lifesaving Museum on the Boards too. Most people walk past it and never go in, but it's really interesting. For rainy days, there is an indoor mini golf place (not sure of the exact address) and there are movie theaters and an arcade in Gold Coast Mall.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Isn't there some sort of western town off of rte 50? I remember seeing it on the way to Assateaque.
    That's called Frontiertown and it's located on Rt. 611 (Stephen Decatur Highway) which is the road that takes you to Assateague. Most everyone I know who goes to Frontiertown say it's definitely family and value oriented and well worth the money spent.

ocgypsy
    Sand Dollars
    The indoor miniature golf course is Old Pro Golf on 68th Street bayside. If you go to their website, you can get $1 off coupon for your entire group, or pick up one of the Sunny Day Guides and you'll find a coupon in there.

Beth'sOC
    Sand Dollars
    I've gone almost every year with my sister's two kids heres where we always frequent:

Frontier town - really great. one year we even did it in the rain although I wouldnt recommend it!
    Jolly Roger - Expensive but fun.
    Boardwalk rides/games - again expensive but fun
    68Th Street indoor golf - always save in case there is a day of rain...but try to get there early in the rainy day otherwise the place is PACKED!

Last year my neice did the Pirate ship adventure, she loved it!!! But beware you WILL get very wet, there is a water gun battle. (my sister didnt know about that...heh heh)

Never been on the assateague park thingie but have heard its great. Here is the website for the Assateague adventure, the priate ship and other water related amusements if you want additional information:
    www.talbotstreetpier.com

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth'sOC View Post
    Last year my neice did the Pirate ship adventure, she loved it!!! But beware you WILL get very wet, there is a water gun battle. (my sister didnt know about that...heh heh)
    Something else to consider, if you or anybody in your party are subject to motion sickness, this is probably not a good idea, these boats are replica spanish galleons, and they do a lot of up-n-down rocking. This is why I always cast my vote for the "OC Rocket", when it comes time to decide which boat ride we will be doing. It's fast, and smooth - just something to consider....