Thread: Phillips

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Our local grocery store must have done a buy out of Phillip's crab dip. They were selling it for .79cents. I tried it. It was awful. So if you see it in the stores, I'd reccommend not buying it. Glad I didn't spend more.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Our local grocery store must have done a buy out of Phillip's crab dip. They were selling it for .79cents. I tried it. It was awful. So if you see it in the stores, I'd reccommend not buying it. Glad I didn't spend more.
    Flip over any Phillip's Seafood container and you'll most likely see "Product of Indonesia".

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by BALTOBOB View Post
    Flip over any Phillip's Seafood container and you'll most likely see "Product of Indonesia".
    EEEWWWWW! I didn't know any of this stuff about not being Md. crabs. For sure I won't eat there again.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    EEEWWWWW! I didn't know any of this stuff about not being Md. crabs. For sure I won't eat there again.
    Well, I agree with Bob, I think that it is ridiculous that Phillips (of all places) won't support the local fishermen, but on the other hand I wouldn't get to freaked out about where the seafood your eating is coming from. If you went to any local grocery store and looked at the back of the packages, a lot of your fish, shrimp, crab and seafood was taken from places outside of America, and when you eat out you really have no clue where the seafood was harvested - I used that word because a lot of it, (even the stuff coming from the "far east") is farm raised which means it's been fed steriods, growth hormones, and antibiotics... mmm yum...

Sand Dollars
    True.Just look, their advertising is geared toward folks who are not familier with Maryland seafood.
    For example,They sell "Maryland style "seafood.I think state law prohibits advertising Maryland seafood if it's not local.Also, they refer to the "blue swimming crab" which is native to Asia and is no way the same as a Chesapeake Bay blue crab.
    Dean,
    It's more about the misrepresentation of a product.

Sand Dollars
    Dean,
    It's more about the misrepresentation of a product.
    Bob, once again I agree with you whole heartedly, not only are they doing that, but in this case they have actually went out of there way to do it...

The only point I was trying to make when Z06RL, showed disgust after learning the origin of the crabmeat, is that this happens WAY more than people think... in other words if you believe that when you order a seafood meal in a random restaurant you are going to be served only fish from the good ole U.S.A. you are operating under a false petense.

Sand Dollars
    True.
    Not to mention beef from Argentina and who knows where "Micky D" gets their meat.( Kentuckey Derby losers )

SilverSarah
    Sand Dollars
    True.
    Not to mention beef from Argentina and who knows where "Micky D" gets their meat.( Kentuckey Derby losers )
    McDonald's is actually pretty good about dealing with quality US farms.

Of course, I don't actually *eat* meat or seafood, so it's all kind of academic to me. But there's no way it makes sense to spend the money to go to a beach resort, pay for fresh local seafood and end up eating something that's been frozen and shipped overseas.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSarah View Post
    there's no way it makes sense to spend the money to go to a beach resort, pay for fresh local seafood and end up eating something that's been frozen and shipped overseas.
    Tell that to all the people standing in lines at the Ocean City AYCE buffetts waiting for the crablegs! A lot of them think they are at the shore eating fresh seafood!!!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    Tell that to all the people standing in lines at the Ocean City AYCE buffetts waiting for the crablegs! A lot of them think they are at the shore eating fresh seafood!!!
    You mean we aren't?? LOL