+ Reply to Thread
    SilverSarah
    Sand Dollars

Question about the Breakers...

Is the Breakers hotel in Ocean City the same as the one in Rehoboth, DE? My family has stayed at the one in Rehoboth many times and always had a good experience, so I was happy to see one with the same name in OC. But is it the same chain?

sc002
    Sand Dollars
    As far as I know the Ocean City hotel is not part of any chain. The hotel was recently rebuilt and the grand opening was held in April 2006. They have a website at http://www.ocbreakers.com/index.html.

partygal8644
    i dont think theyre related..im pretty sure the breakers in OC is from the people who have the dough roller resturant underneath the hotel

partygal8644
    by the way silver sarah..is that your real picture? how did you get it to be your avatar thing?? lol

SilverSarah
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by partygal8644 View Post
    by the way silver sarah..is that your real picture? how did you get it to be your avatar thing?? lol
    Yeah, that's me.

I'm one of the site admins as of recently, and my user cp lets me upload avatars from the computer under "custom avatar." Apparently that doesn't work for regular users, although we may or may not change that in the future. I'd personally like it if everyone could express themself with their avvie, but I don't really know what goes into the tech side of that -- we might just not have the server space.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSarah View Post
    ...I'd personally like it if everyone could express themself with their avvie, but I don't really know what goes into the tech side of that -- we might just not have the server space.
    It would most likely just add to the "moderating the forum" load - to make sure that everything posted and uploaded is appropriate . It takes a lot of time to keep a forum like this operating smoothly.

I can't imagine State Ventures not having enough server space. You are a part of one [very] large organization.

Nice picture, BTW.

partygal8644
    oh alrighty thanks anyways = )