+ Reply to Thread
    snowynitez
    Sand Dollars

Hotel Monte Carlo versus Park Place

Hi all. We have always loved the hotel monte carlo , however they were closed for thanksgiving weekend this past year. So we had to choose other accomodations. We ended up staying at the Park Place. The view was great from the oceanfront room we had. However the rooms felt very small and kind of dusty. The lobby was nice. The staff was o.k. nothing great to write home about. I am actually surprised that the Park Place was rated number 2 out of all hotels in ocean city on trip advisor at the time of our trip. I would have to say that i did not see why. It was very standard. We are going back for st. pattys day weekend and see for less money than the park place we can get the monte carlo that has a indoor pool and apparently a fitness room this year. At the Park Place they want more money with no extra ammenities to offer. I would say that between the two the Hotel Monte Carlo has a outdoor pool, indoor pool, fitness room, hot tub. The park place only offers a outdoor pool. Im not sure why they are rated number 2 on trip advisor but i would have to say that someone on their staff must be posting these positive reviews. It was an o.k. hotel, but certainly not worthy of such high rankings. I have read partygals comments on the hotel monte carlo and sounds like she had a bad time. However I have never had that experiance there. I would definitely recommend the monte carlo if you are looking to save a few bucks and still get the same ammenities has the larger hotels. Not one hotel that i researched downtown had all the ammenities of the monte carlo. Parking is a little more compact but is worth it with the extras you recieve., with the lower rates.

partygal8644
    i would love to see the fitness room at the monte carlo..they had that advertised along with a conference room when i went..and i couldnt find either of them

i stayed at the park place like 2 years ago or so..the oceanfront room was nice..but the outdoor pool closed early and the food wasnt that great at the downstairs resturant

Sand Dollars

I agree on the Hotel Monte Carlo.

We have stayed at both of these hotels and I would have to say that our room at the Monte Carlo was a bit larger then that at Park Place. However we have always found the staff at both very helpful. The price of Park Place is a little much even in the off season. We will be coming for St. Patty's day as well and plan to return to the Monte Carlo. Our stay last year for the same weekend was great.