+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ocjoymac10

Re: Restaurant for sale: Island Cafe

Any word on potential buyers?? Will they stay open until it's sold??

Sand Dollars

I heard Terrance Kirby bought it. (Kirby's Pub 93rd Street) I have good word just a few more documents to sign and it's a done deal.

Sand Dollars

This economy really took the sails out of many small businesses. Not to mention the WOC Outlets have at least 5 empty spots. But that can be from a [edited by admin] landlord that did not provide any rent reduction to the tentants in 2008 or 2009 when retail sales took it up the *&^)&. And until some of the condos sell at 45th Street why shouldnt that center re-focus on retail and services and restaurants. Give the people something to do when it rains and the beaches close. Hey here is an idea Boathouse would make a GREAT Chuck E Cheese for families and kids! Or a roller rink? I think that would be great for locals, rainy days, off season fun, birthday parties, fundraisers, social functions.......biggest costs would be electric and insurance.

Sand Dollars

Greedy relentless landlord and Boathouse kinda go in the same paragraph.

Or,maybe they could make it a Sunsation.

ocjoymac10

Love ya Bob---but no more sunsations!!! Buy the cafe and we will all be your best customers.....if Kirbys deal can't be done...... I know ya can do it...

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by lbo

I heard Terrance Kirby bought it. (Kirby's Pub 93rd Street) I have good word just a few more documents to sign and it's a done deal.
    Done deal.

Cafe' will stay open and Kirby takes complete control April 15th.

Sand Dollars

That is great news. Love Terrance and Kirby's Pub.

Sand Dollars

Slainte that's supposed to open next to Harris Teeter... is that like the one in Baltimore/Fells Point, the Irish pub/restaurant?

Sand Dollars

I wonder if Kirby's is moving, or opening up a second location. I couldn't imagine giving up that location there on 93rd, right in mid-town and around a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by deannaoc

Slainte that's supposed to open next to Harris Teeter... is that like the one in Baltimore/Fells Point, the Irish pub/restaurant?
    I don't know, I know is Deckland has been a local bartender for a number of years but maybe he has ties to Baltimore. His dad whom is doing the build out is very very Irish and not sure if his dad is local.

It will be a restaurant in the up front 1/3, walk through an inside wall/partiotion to get to the bar area in the middle with the back 1/3 set up for kitchen and storage. They don't want the diners to be bothered by a raucous bar atmosphere. Should be nice, it's right down the street from me and excited for it to open.

Sand Dollars

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Looks as if the Keno players (year round customers) will have to move to the Crab Bag,High Stakes, or Duffy's.