Thread: Ocean Hideaway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Ocean Hideaway

I know this is a shot in the dark, and I doubt I'll get any responce from it, but it won't cost me anything to try...

For the past 3 years, we've been renting condo unit 103 in the Ocean Hideaway, (18th & boardwalk). This year it seems the owners are not relisting with Coldwell Banker, so we must rent another unit. There are of coarse other units listed, but what I was looking for with this post is if anybody has any info on unit 103. Did they list with a different agency, or are they renting it privately, or not at all???

Like I said, I know this is a long shot.

Dean.

Beth'sOC
    Sand Dollars
    You might want to call the City Rental License Office. They may be able to at least give you the name of the owner so you can contact them directly. This way you can ask them yourself where they have moved to.

Hint- Maybe surf some public tax records online..?

To other rental property owners- It is always a good idea to keep a guest journal in your rental. This way you have an established guest list in case you decide to move from one rental agency to another. Just a thought!

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth'sOC
    To other rental property owners- It is always a good idea to keep a guest journal in your rental. This way you have an established guest list in case you decide to move from one rental agency to another. Just a thought!

People that we used to rent off of a while back kept a guest journal. Every year they sent us a Christmas card with the new rates offering us the same week we rented the previous year.

Sand Dollars

Thank you!

Beth, Wow! That was great advice! They were able to give me the name, address, and phone number of the owners! I left a voice mail, not sure how it will work out but I'll keep you posted. Thank you very much.

Sand Dollars
    Just in case you don't have any luck in getting Ocean Hideaway 103, I noticed that Condo Realty rents unit #108, looks like a beautiful unit from the pictures:

http://www.condorealtyinc.com/listin...&location_id=6

I also noticed that Holiday Real Estate has quite a few units in the building,

http://12.22.248.98/cgi-bin/db2www/w...ay.mac/default

Sand Dollars
    Thanks nlfissel, 103 has been sold. I actually called about those ones the other day, (I agree 108 looks nice) the problem is that Coldwell Banker seems to be the only company that has the rental agreements back from the owners, at this time... which boils down to- do I sign up with them now and give myself peace of mind, or do I wait a few weeks & gamble that those other units will not be taken by the people who rented them (they always get first dibbs) the previous year?

Beth'sOC
    Sand Dollars
    Glad I could help! I know how people can get attached to one property over another. I used to vacation in The Towers before I moved here, even though I live here now I still have very fond memories of that condo. Upon moving here I started working in the condo rental industry and I love the interaction with the owners and guests. I didnt realize how rewarding it would be to help people plan their vacations. Hope you find what you're looking for!!

Sand Dollars
    Ocean Hideaway - 18th & Boardwalk:

Fine building in a great location. Good luck with finding the right rental for next summer.

Sand Dollars
    I'm not much of a gambler, so I went ahead and rented one of the other units, that they had in this building. Same as the other unit I rented, 2 bedroom/ 2 bath, ground floor, a little bit more money than the other unit was, but seems to be furnished a little nicer too, so it's probably a push...
    Thanks everyone.

Sand Dollars
    You know (and like) the building and you know the area. So it seems to me that you made a wise decision.

Now all you need to do is endure the long wait until summer.