+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    harris23
    Sand Dollars

Re: the best thing I ever ate (OC restaurants only)

Thanks Ibo, I appreciate the response. I also have to correct myself - it was a strip steak, not a filet, but still absolutely the best meal in O.C. Anyway, I hope to have the lumps again soon...Mancini's here I come!

Sand Dollars

I have to add a nod to Captain's Table. We were there on May 21 and ordered the Scampi Style New York Strip Steak. It was hands down the BEST steak I've ever eaten anywhere! $28.00 and comes with your choice of salad (I had the house salad with the house dressing which is bleu cheese vinagarette) choice of potato (I had the baked sweet potato....YUM) and a mini loaf fresh baked bread and 3 scampi style shrimp on top of the steak. I didn't expect much, but the steak was HUGE.........end to end on the plate and about 1" thick, cooked perfectly. It melted in my mouth! And the shrimp were enormous! Will we go back again? You better believe it!!

Sand Dollars

aonther couple favorites include:

Jammin Jon's--> Chilie Rellenos (not on menu, special sometimes. ask for it)

Nantuckets--> Quahog Chowder

Quote Originally Posted by harris23

Thanks Ibo, I appreciate the response. I also have to correct myself - it was a strip steak, not a filet, but still absolutely the best meal in O.C. Anyway, I hope to have the lumps again soon...Mancini's here I come!

Scotty has a lot of talant, I worked with him for years. He made this eggs benedict for the kitchen crew one time. Served over fresh jumbo lump crabmeat with the most perfect hollandaise. Butter. That was the best thing I ever ate.

jillyjill
    Sand Dollars

The Buffalo Wings from Mother Cluckers. (Now Gone). They were a little place on 67th. One year we came to get wings and they were gone. They had great HUGE subs too. Sad they are gone. Anyone know what happened to them?

Sand Dollars

The scallop salad appetizer at The Captain's Table which went extremely well with the rib eye steak and seafood bisque. Can't wait until my next dinner there. YUM!!

Sand Dollars

I'd have to say cannolis from Julia's. We love them and make it a point to get them the first night, and several other nights as well.

Polish water ice is another. Really got into that last year. The mango is refreshing after dinner.

Autobot
    Sand Dollars

Ponzetti's pizza on 144th street! Awesome crust!

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

Last year I had a "catch of the day special" at Mackeys. I don't recall exactly the fish, but it was mild like a Tilapia and had a butter cream sauce and lump crabmeat on top and it was phenomenal!