+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: the best thing I ever ate (OC restaurants only)

Let me be one more person to pile on the Dough Roller pizza 'fan club'. Granted, it's been at least 5 years since I've had it, but the experience was enough to never even stop there and order their pancakes that others rave about. IMO, one can get a better quality of pizza with the Tony's brand frozen pizza one finds in the grocery store. At least the store bought pizza has a better tasting pepperoni with less grease. (I'm being quite generous here regarding Dough Roller's pizza).

[img width=175 height=174]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dQ3t5iDbzUE/SUrQ1m0DrKI/AAAAAAAADWU/j7S182EZmzo/s320/tonys_pizza.jpg[/img]

Sand Dollars

[quote=Bob Hall]

Let me be one more person to pile on the Dough Roller pizza 'fan club'. Granted, it's been at least 5 years since I've had it, but the experience was enough to never even stop there and order their pancakes that others rave about. IMO, one can get a better quality of pizza with the Tony's brand frozen pizza one finds in the grocery store. At least the store bought pizza has a better tasting pepperoni with less grease. (I'm being quite generous here regarding Dough Roller's pizza).

[img width=175 height=174]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dQ3t5iDbzUE/SUrQ1m0DrKI/AAAAAAAADWU/j7S182EZmzo/s320/tonys_pizza.jpg[/img]

I have been to your dirt hole of a town. I can see why you like what you like.

Sand Dollars

Why have we taken a thread that was supposed to be about Something we enjoy about OC and turned it into personal attacks. My family likes to eat at Dough Roller. We don't know exactly whey because we'd never pay that much for pizza like that here at home, but then again, we would pay $10.00 for a bucket of fries or $6.00 for a milk shake. We've tried Tony's and didn't really care for it but I'm not going to attack those who do. Be glad these places are still in business or we'd all be chowing down on a Big Bite Hotdog from the 7-11. Let's just get back to posting what we've enjoyed and quit beating each other up. Maybe this is the reason others have left this forum.

On a more positive note: While it's not dine in, the Polish Water Ice is a great treat, except it's hard to order over the pre-recorded advertisement being blasted over your head.

Sand Dollars

Anthony's subs on 33rd St.! Outstanding!

Sand Dollars

Can't go wrong with Harpoon Hannahs. We like the burgers at Big Peckers. Lunch at Fat Daddy's is a good local place. Depending on the time of year, Nick Idoni's is good. The pretzel place on the boardwalk is kind of cool if you can stand unhealthy food-but it sure tastes good.

I will say though that there is no good pizza at OC. I love pizza and have tried a ton of places down there but it's just not good. I guess pizza is not as easy as I thought and must be more time consuming that the amount of time available during the busy season.

Sand Dollars

[quote=flaggerjohn]

Why have we taken a thread that was supposed to be about Something we enjoy about OC and turned it into personal attacks. My family likes to eat at Dough Roller. We don't know exactly whey because we'd never pay that much for pizza like that here at home, but then again, we would pay $10.00 for a bucket of fries or $6.00 for a milk shake. We've tried Tony's and didn't really care for it but I'm not going to attack those who do. Be glad these places are still in business or we'd all be chowing down on a Big Bite Hotdog from the 7-11. Let's just get back to posting what we've enjoyed and quit beating each other up. Maybe this is the reason others have left this forum.

On a more positive note: While it's not dine in, the Polish Water Ice is a great treat, except it's hard to order over the pre-recorded advertisement being blasted over your head.

Well said

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by terp84alum

I will say though that there is no good pizza at OC. I love pizza and have tried a ton of places down there but it's just not good. I guess pizza is not as easy as I thought and must be more time consuming that the amount of time available during the busy season.

That's not entirely true. About 3 or 4 years ago, friends and I stopped at a place around 10 pm and had the best pizza we've ever tasted in O.C. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. It was on east side Philadelphia if I remember correctly was somewhere below 9th St. It was in some little older strip mall and to be honest, the inside of the place wasn't the best looking but I wouldn't call it a hole either. The staff was friendly to the customers but bickered with each other. They bickered like family but it was hard to tell because they were yelling in another language. Had I remembered the name, I would've mentioned this place earlier in this thread.

Sand Dollars

I still love 3 Brother's Pizza. To me, I can't go to OC without eating there at least once. I wish I could get pizza like that anyplace around here.

Sand Dollars

The BBQ at Boog's is a favorite for me when I'm hungry for a filling lunch. The sandwiches are huge, they taste great, and the slaw is right-on.

yearounder
    Sand Dollars

Steamed Shrimp at Duffy's-yummy!