+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    washcaps37
    Sand Dollars
    Yes, Haven Hotel is the same. I say Oceanfront 2nd floor and that's what I get.
    When you make reservations you most certainly can request floor. I have done it at many hotels and not just in OC. They know when you make the reservation what rooms are available and on what floors.

The hotel just seems to be lacking in the customer service dept.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Custumer Service

Sorry about your stay... Seems like more and more,,,NO ONE cares about customer service,,It is sad that these places feel the need to charge what they do, and then not care . I am a firm beliver in renting from private owners. I have done this every year I go to OC, and have never had an issue. Plus private owners charge alot less too,

sc002
    Sand Dollars
    I think that the problem with this hotel is the staff and management. Many of the reviews that I have read for this hotel mention terrible customer service in some way or another. Some go as far as saying that few of the staff members speak English and that the front desk staff are unfriendly. Also, the hotel isn't real well maintained and is showing signs of wear and tear despite the hotel's major renovation in 2003. If these issues were addressed and taken care of, I think that the hotel would be a very satisfactory place to stay.

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars
    My complaint is valid. My entire view from my ocean front suite was of the bushes they have planted by the sand dunes. I could not see the waves crashing in the ocean---something I wanted to be able to see. If I wanted to see bushes, I could have stayed home and saved $400. Trust me, if you paid $400 for an oceanfront suite and had the view I did, you would be upset also. I have stayed in many hotels in OC and never had a problem with requesting a higher floor. As I said before, the staff does not care about the guests. My first 2 choices for hotels were booked, so I thought I would try something new. Lesson learned, stick with what you know.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee3370
    My complaint is valid. My entire view from my ocean front suite was of the bushes they have planted by the sand dunes.
    FYI.....these "bushes" are what holds the beach together.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by BALTOBOB
    FYI.....these "bushes" are what holds the beach together.
    No crap. But who wants to pay top dollar to look at bushes. I can look outside my kitchen window and see that. You get an OCEANFRONT room to see the OCEAN. If hotels are going to give you an oceanfront room with no view of the ocean then they should discount the price for that room.

Sand Dollars
    I agree with Z06RL, on this one, and if they are not going to discount that room, the least they could do is inform you at the time you are booking your room that all they have left is a ground floor room with restricted view.

I think this hotel depends greatly upon "first timers" rather than repeat business.

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars
    The bushes were not on the dunes, but on Princess Royale's property before the dunes. I agree, the hotel relies on first timers, because let me tell you, once you stay there, you will not go back. By the way, I was not the only guest that had complaints about this hotel. There were many guests complaining about one thing or another at the front desk. I guess I can understand why some of you seem to think I got what I paid for. But truthfully, if you're paying top dollar for an oceanfront suite, you should at least be able to see the ocean, something we could not do from our room. Like I said before, lesson learned, I will not stay there again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. My advise, stay far far away. I'm going back to OC next month, I can assure everyone, I did not book at the Princess Royale.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee3370
    ...I will not stay there again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. My advise, stay far far away. I'm going back to OC next month, I can assure everyone, I did not book at the Princess Royale.
    Can't say as I blame you one bit.

Let us (this forum) know in another (new) thread about where you are thinking about staying - and ask for advice, tips, cautions, etc. There are several OC fans here who are willing to share.

Bulwer
    Sand Dollars

Jeff

I stayed at the Carousel recently. When I called to make reservation I asked about the patio apartments. The lady warned me that there was an ocean view if I stood on my tippy toes and since the room was facing the swimming pool it would be noisy. Unasked for information but information that I needed to know. I was thankful. So I got a higher up floor. The Princess Royal always smelled! I went there numerous times for a convention and always had to wash everything when I got home to get rid of the smell.

It's been my experience that "big" businesses, no matter who they are or what they sell, can afford to relax in the customer relations department. For every person that says, "I'm not coming back..." there's 5 more newbies waiting to make reservations.

I will never stay at the Princess Royal again. The annual convention now goes to another hotel because of negative comments from attendees about the hotel.