+ Reply to Thread
    sandypaws
    Sand Dollars

A hotel in November

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help I'm looking for a hotel November 9-12. My husband and I are celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary-as a couple no kids. We have never been to OC in November or without kids.
    We'd like to stay somewhere we could walk to some open restaurants and possilbe a quiet place to relax and have a drink-not a 20 something nightclub. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    sandypaws

Sand Dollars
    Use this link. http://www.ococean.com/hotelbooking.html

Just type in the date, and it will tell you what hotels are available for the dates. Then pick a couple, and most likely you can find some feedback on this forum for almost any hotel. I believe www.octhebeach.com has a similar service, plus has feedback on most hotels.

Let us know what you choose and have fun. That's a nice time to be there.

Sand Dollars

Fager's Island Hotels

I'd go with either "The Edge" hotel at Fager's Island or "The Lighthouse Club" Hotel also at Fager's Island. Both properties are situated out over the bay and are almost "isolated" from the rest of buildings around them making them very romantic and intimate. Also, you will have the Fager's Island Restaurant with in easy walking distance to grab a bite to eat and sit and relax and enjoy a quiet drink together.

I believe both properties offer package deals in conjunction with the restaurant. Check them out at www.fagers.com .

"The Edge" hotel is currently the number 1 rated hotel in Ocean City on tripadvisor.com.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help I'm looking for a hotel November 9-12. My husband and I are celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary-as a couple no kids. We have never been to OC in November or without kids.
    We'd like to stay somewhere we could walk to some open restaurants and possilbe a quiet place to relax and have a drink-not a 20 something nightclub. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    sandypaws
    I just checked and it appears that nearly all of the major chain hotels have availability on those dates. (Thank you for the "plug," Z06RL)

Happy Anniversary, a bit early, but 15 years is a fine milestone. (We recently passed 32) If you like dining and dancing, I would try the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau, which is one of the larger hotels in OC. They have a good reputation and a great restaurant. We have had many a fine meal there - followed by dancing to the tunes of a "big band" sound. The groups they have on stage are NOT targeted toward kids.

The Clarion is right on the beach, which even in November, can offer up a nice place for quiet walks. And, within a fifteen minute stroll along Coastal Highway there are several choices of restaurants. And they have a lounge and an indoor pool.

You can see from the prior responses and from mine -- there are choices to be had. Enjoy.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    For the occasion of your 15th I would have to second a vote for the properties located at Fager's Island.

I have stayed at the Lighthouse on several occasions and for a quiet
    get-a-way in OC with privacy and location it can't be beat.

There are a limited number of rooms so parking or crowds are never a problem.

The Edge is located just a few yards north along the bay each room has a different theme and decoration style to suit your needs.

Both are located on the bay if you plan to stay at the Lighthouse I would request a room with a bayview rather then a view of the parking area.
    Each room has a deck off the room to the outside to relax and enjoy.

The Edge is laid out so all their rooms face the bay.

Located right over the footbridge a short walk is Fager's island bar and restaurant.

The food for lunch or dinner is superior to much you will find in OC.

I would suggest you go to the upper dining area located in Fager's for dinner and (they also have a dining room at the main level) if you make reservations you can ask for a window seat and arrive sometime before sunset to time your visit to see the sun setting over the bay.

Each evening at Fager's they play some classical music "The 1812 overture"
    as the sun sets over the bay the sights each night are some of the best in OC. Sit down with a drink and enjoy the views.

Fager's does have specials for rooms that include some dinner and lunch coupons at their restaurant.

Also for a nice dinner out I would reccomend Reflections located at the Holiday Inn on 67th street and the oceanside.

Another place for dinner during your stay that is small cozy and the food is quite good is Nantucket's located in Fenwick Island just north of OC.
    Last I knew they do shut down for some time during the offseason so I would call and check if you have an interest in dining there.

Have a safe and enjoyable stay. And I hope you both enjoy many more years together. Best Wishes........................

sandypaws
    Sand Dollars
    Thank you all for the kind wishes and great advice. I think we might go with the Fagers Island it sure looks beautiful on the web site. OCtheBeach.com congrats on 32 years. I'm sure we will make a visit to the restaurant at the Clarion Resort-I love Big Band. Thank you all so much. I'll let you know what we finally decide.