+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Sand Dollars

SandDollar store - New Design Launch specials

The Sand Dollars Rewards Center is now open!

Exchange your Sand Dollars for gift certificates towards delicious meals at The Captain's Table, The Shark and the Drummer's Cafe.

The initial items in the rewards center are $25 gift certificates at-

The Captain's Table Restaurant in the new Courtyard by Marriot at 15th Street and the beach,

The Shark in West OC with great views of the Ocean City inlet, and

The Drummer's Cafe in the historic Atlantic Hotel in nearby charming Berlin.

The opening Special Rate is 5 cents per Sand Dollar point, compared to the expected standard exchange rate of 2 cents per Sand Dollar point. So enjoy this special offer and turn your Sand Dollars into gift certificates with as few as 500 Sand Dollars qualifying for a $25 gift certificate.

To redeem your Sand Dollars for one of these certificates simply email support@oceancity.com with your desired reward, username, name, and address. We will send you out your requested gift certificate and will manually deduct the Sand Dollars from your account.

We will continue to add items to the Reward Center. We will add rewards that can be redeemed without needing to accumulate as many Sand Dollars, and we will add a variety of different rewards such as passes to entertainment venues, the 2010 Ocean City Family Discount Coupon Book as well as branded t-shirts and hats.

For those who are not familiar with Sand Dollars, they are points that are earned by participating in the forum by posting and responding to threads, uploading photos, and posting blog articles.

We hope you enjoy these rewards. We appreciate your making the Ocean City Forum an entertaining and informative place to gather.

Sand Dollars

Re: SandDollar store - New Design Launch specials

Sounds like a good deal to me

Sand Dollars

Good Job Admin!!!!!

Sand Dollars

Questions:

Can I get two gift certificates for any of the restaurants?

Can I use the two gift certificates for one meal?

Will the above restaurants be open the middle of May when we're there?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

The answer to all your questions is yes.
    • You can get two gift certificates to any of these three restaurants. There may be some restrictions on the number of gift certificates you can use at other businesses, but at these restaurants, two is fine for one meal. The only restriction is that alcohol, taxes, and gratuities are not covered. Yes, all three of these fabulous restaurants are open year round, so they will be in full swing and offering their great food in May.
    If you are not familiar with these restaurants, The Shark on the Harbor is in West Ocean City and has the most spectacular viewof the working harbor and Assateague. They are the "greenest" restaurant in Ocean City and always feature fresh local, even organic ingredients, when available. Travis is the owner and chef and prepares GREAT food. They have a lunch special for $5 which is always good. Usually they offer 3 specials for this price.

The Captain's Table, located in the brand new Courtyard by Marriott is a family run restaurant and locals favorite. You are going for the food and not the view, but the ambience is great and the decorating well done by local artists. Patrick Henry's work hangs on the walls and there is an impressive display of glass plates made by a glass blower in Berlin. I've had fish and crab cakes there and they were some of the best meals I've ever eaten anywhere. Lauren is very conscious of the comfort of families and children so if you want a great meal and you have kids, she will put you in a spot that is both beautiful and comfortable. Adults can also enjoy a great romantic dinner out and the bar is large and popular. The chefs are well known and always serve a delicious meal. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.

If you want to try something different, go to the Drummers Cafe in Berlin. It is located in the historic Atlantic Hotel and offers great food in a cozy, friendly setting. You can choose to eat inside near the piano or fireplace or you can eat on the sunny glassed-in porch. Either works and you will find the same quality of food that many expect when they go to one of the Fager's Island owned properties. John Fager took over the restaurant about a year ago and he personally oversees the quality and ambience of his restaurant and inn. Normal operations are overseen by Angela Reynolds and both ensure that luxury is part of your experience. The staff are great and you will always feel good about a meal at one of their restaurants.

We will be adding new prizes in the Sand Dollars program so keep your eyes on the site. If you have suggestions for items you'd like to see, please let us know that as well.

Happy Holidays!

Sand Dollars

Why are you "Britt4duke?" I've been curious and was hoping that there was another Duke fan in this sea of red up here

Sand Dollars

You are correct. I am a duke basketball fan.

Sand Dollars

Did you go to Duke and if so, when?

Sand Dollars

No, I didn't go to Duke.

Sand Dollars

I would love to see a gift certificate available for Bonfire, Embers, or Horizons! That would be great. But in the meantime, I'm trying to decide on either the Captain's Table or the Shark. We've never been to either one. Since the first time we'll be in OC next year is during Cruise In, I'm not sure how bad the traffic will be to go to the Shark. And we are staying at the HI Suites on 17th ST, so the Captain's Table would be closer. Decisions, decisions! Did you have to make it so hard? lol