Thread: Fenwick Inn?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars
    How close is the Sea Bay Inn to the beach? Walking distance?

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    I am sure the Sea Bay Inn will serve you well.

As I mentioned you will find Fager's Island just a short walk away right down the road to the bayfront. It is located right behind the Coconut Malorie Hotel which you can see from the parking lot of the Sea Bay Inn.

There you can either have lunch, dinner or formal dining in the upstairs dining area. Also the sunsets over the bay are just amazing to watch. If the weather is nice and clear stop over some night before sunset and grab seat bayfront on the deck and enjoy the view.
    They also accompany each sunset with the playing of the 1812 Overture as the sun falls away. Quite a view and sight.

As for the Greene Turtle it is located in the 120's north of your location. To be honest in my opinion for food there are many other places closer to enjoy.

Fager's lunch or dinner

Coins 28th Street lunch and dinner

BJ's 75th and the bay try the seafood skins!!!! They serve a complete late night menu each day.

Bayside Skillet for breakfast around 70th street (Not hard to find look for the PINK building on the bayside in the corner lot.

You also have the Coach's Corner located right in the hotel. Good food not great but it gets a plus for location.

I would suggest at least one visit to Seacrets a bar/restaurnat located at 49th and the bay not like any place you have seen.

Go for lunch during the day to see it all or early in the evening to beat the cover charge it will be packed late night so unless you enjoy waiting on line don't bother going late in the evening.

Just read your last post.

The Coastal Highway runs north and south through OC. The Sea Bay Inn is located on the bay side of the highway with the one side of the hotel located right on the highway.

If you cross the highway and walk about 2 blocks you will be on the beach.

Just cross at the corner with the light and be careful at all times.

This time of year lots of traffic and you need to watch when crossing the road.

One block south on the same side of the highway you will find a 7-Eleven for any small items you might need along with some food items.

The hotel room has a small frig for something to eat or drink.

Also if you hit the 7-Eleven as you enter in front of the first row of shelves you will see on the ground all the local "free" newspapers.

Grab a copy of each and they will list the places to eat, the nightlife and bands playing, and the other attractions in the area. Also they have coupons for saving a few $$$$$$ which never hurts.

One last suggestion if you go out to eat to avoid having a wait eat a little "off" hours have an early lunch or dinner and schedule your meals before or after most others.

Hope you have a great time.

If you go to the SBI sight you can request a room (By e-mail) on the higher floors so as to avoid the noise from the pool located on the ground floor.

I would ask for a room overing looking the south parking lot for my money a better view of things then the north side.

Please post your comments about the hotel, food, OC and your trip when you return.

Hope this helps..................................

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    http://www.beach-net.com/maps/ocmidtownmap.html

This map should give you some idea of the layout in OC.

You will see the bay at the bottom of the map then you can find 60th street towards the left of this map.

The road running left to right is the Coastal Highway so if you are bayside or on the bottom side of the map to get to the OCEAN (beach) you have to cross the Coastal Highway and then go about 1 1/2 blocks to hit the beach.

The street numbers run lower if you are heading south and higher as you go north.

Once you get there it will take no time to get the hang of the area.

Right across the street from the hotel on the corner is a visitors center where you can check for tourist information. Also the looby of the hotel should have booklets, papers, and other information as you walk out into the parking area.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    http://www.ocvisitor.com/dining_alph...?action=submit

This site should list most the the places to eat in OC.

You can check the prices and menu if you go to the websites.

All depends on what type of food you are looking for and the time of day breakfast, lunch, dinner or in between......

luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars
    Again, not to sound like a broken record, but thank you, thank you, thank you!

I sent an email to the SBI asking to see if they can accommodate us with a higher floor room and on the south side. I will be sure to let you know how it goes when we get back.

You truly have been such a HUGE help and I can't thank you enough. Have a great day and I will post soon!!!

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Glad to be of help.

Now that you have a place to stay you just need to relax and wait for a few weeks to go by and you are on your way.

I am sure you and your husband will have a great time.

If you plan your trip to enter OC using route 90 this will take you into OC right at 61st street and as you come off the bridge your hotel will be one block down on the right. You can park in front of the building at the bottom of the stairs and check in and unpack your car. Makes your arrival fairly easy.

Have a safe trip, enjoy yourself, and if anything else comes along that we can help you with please just ask.

Regards..........

Sand Dollars
    Since you have to cross Coastal Highway to get to the beach, you need to be aware. When crossing Coastal Highway be extra careful. There are crossing signals, but they don't stay green for long enough to get the whole way across unless you are running. But more importantly, cars are permitted to make u turns at almost every stoplight, so you have to watch for them too. Have fun.

luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars
    I have noted all the good advice in my travel notes. I am so excited to visit! I will be sure to let you all know how the trip goes. One last question for you folks, is the $15 coupon book worth buying??

luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars
    Ok, maybe just one more...how is the Bonfire?

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    http://www.atbeach.com/coupons/oc_list.asp

Listing the coupons.

Going through the list of coupons in this year's edition it would depend on what you plan to do with your time.

There are some coupons that you could use and they might add up to the $15 plus shipping charges.

Mini golf, Coins ( decent place to eat) OC Rocket Boat ride, Hall's which is located one block south of the Sea Bay Inn to name a few.

Many of the coupons are to places I have never heard of or would never use the choice is yours.

Under the restaurant section you have a discussion of the buffets in OC for the best AYCE (all you can eat) dinner choices.

Seems in the opinion of some the Bon Fire is the #1 rated place in town.

With those who expressed an opinion I would say it would carry some weight with me as they have in the past offered valid opinions on other places to eat and attractions.

Halls also offers an AYCE breakfast buffet. Some people like this place others not their cup of tea.