Thread: Fenwick Inn?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars

Fenwick Inn?

Hi, I am a newbie traveling to OC in late Aug/early Sept. I found an internet deal at the Fenwick Inn. I realize the location and totally fine with it. I am worried that it is a "roach" motel, if you will. Anyone have any feedback to share? Also, if anyone would like to share with me the "must do or see" 's with me I would appreciate! Thanks!!

Sand Dollars
    Not highly recommended. Here are some reviews from tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Maryland.html

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    I would stay away from the Fenwick Inn.
    It is a dump.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

As for activities you have the Boardwalk, Assateague with the wild ponies,
    the beach, the hotel pool, breakfast, lunch, dinner, shopping at the local outlets, and perhaps some nightlife.

What are you looking for?????

If you give us some idea of your age, who you are traveling with, likes, dislikes, the activites you might enjoy we could give you some ideas.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    What dates are you planning to travel?

Then we could check what's available.......................

Sand Dollars
    If you go to www.ococean.com and click on "book reservations" you can fill in what you are looking for and it will bring up tons of available deals in OC. I use it a LOT. I haven't heard any good things about the Fenwick either. Sorry. Have you considered a condo?

luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Our travel dates are Thursday, August 31 thru Sunday, Sept 3rd. We are a 30 something married couple, no children AND it is my husband's first time to the beach. I want to be sure he likes it. I would love to stay closer to the action, however, money is an issue for me. Would need to stay in the $400 price range. I know that sounds cheap and I certainly do not have high expectations for the price range. Any further suggestions? Thanks again everyone...you are all so nice!

Sand Dollars
    I just did a search
    Here's what I found

Castle in the Sand...Oceanfront hotel, Penthouse room, bayside, no balcony $442.00

Best Western Sea Bay Inn .....2 Double Beds, smoking , $374.85
    2 Double Beds, non smoking, $354.85

Howard Johnson Oceanfront Inn.....Poolside smoking...$495.85

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn......Oceanfront Efficiency $475.00
    Oceanview Efficiency $445.00

Dunes Motel.....Oceanfront Hotel, poolside room nonsmoking, 2 double beds, $387.00 poolside smoking, 2 double beds, $357.00

Harrison Hall on the Boards, Oceanfront hotel, side room, $337.00

Ramada Limited....Bayside hotel, standard double room, either smoking or non smoking $357.00, plus free breakfast.

Spinnaker Motel.....Oceanview Efficiency, private balcony $460.00

Sun N Fun Motel.....2 dbls. 1 block to the beach...$338.00

Thunderbird Beach Motel.....2 dbls oceanblock....$356.00

These are all internet specials through www.ococean.com. Hope it helps.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Luvsthebeach:

I have to ask your dates put you in OC over Labor Day weekend you do know that right????

The is one of the biggest weekends of the year ending the official Summer season.

The crowds should be large and the options for accomodations limited and expensive.

The stay around the $400 mark for 3 night will be difficult.

I ran those dates through Hotels.com and there are options just not many in your price range.

Depending on what you are looking for 2 hotels I have stayed at and was happy are the Best Western Sea Bay Inn located on 60th and the bayside you can still get a room there for $160 per night. The Sea Bay Inn has a small outdoor pool and is closer to the busier section of town.

But with Labor day weekend the entire area will be busy.

Also the Gold Coast Comfort Inn has rooms for the same price range it is located uptown around 127th Street. Little further north but a decent clean affordable place that is usually a little quieter then some of the other areas in town.

Under the circumstances I would vote for the Best Western Sea Bay Inn which is closer to the busy section of town. Has a pool. Can be a shorter trip to the Boardwalk and is a clean, well run place.

I prefer a room on the upper floors facing south and you can sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of the bayside, oceanside, and coastal highway and all the activity.

You are close to Fager's Island within walking distance and one of the area's most popular nightspots.

You could also at your age take a walk at night down to Seacrets the most popular nightspot in town. It should be packed so get there early.

49th and the bay10 blocks on flat ground no big deal.

The Comfort Inn is a nice quiet place set back by itself you can get a bayview room for a few $$ more and have a nice quiet visit all depending on what it is you are looking for.

Right up the road you have the Greene Turtle a small local bar/restaurant that you could walk to for some food and drinks for lunch or at night with some music.

Those are two options but my last suggestion would be wherever you decide book a room soon or you might find yourself out of luck.

Time is running out for anything decent.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    http://www.bestwesternseabayinn.com/

You can take a look at this property.

luvsthebeach
    Sand Dollars

Thanks again

Thanks again for all the good info. BW Sea Bay Inn is the location. I trust your experience and it is priced just right. Any advice for good food? I have been told by several to go to the Greene Turtle. Any hotspots? Thanks!