+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mommom
    Sand Dollars

Cover charge for seacrets

Getting ready to come to OC for a week, and am wondering if Seacrets has a cover charge this year, I know last year, they did away with it,,which was a nice treat. i know if you get there early enough you miss it, Thanks for any info.

myocbeach
    Sand Dollars

Yay Secrets!

I went in about a week ago, cover was $10 for a normal night (accept for me, locals get in free!! BONUS!!). I think it goes up if they have something super special going on,

FYI, the drink prices are SO high at Secrets. A couple girlfirends and I went two weekends ago, we got 3 Crown Royal and cokes, the bill came to $27. We got 5 Red Headed S*uts shots and that was $23. My advice, get the drinking started at home or somewhere else and wrap it up at Secrets, otherwise you'll drain your bank account in one night.

Also, my boyfriend and I got a snack in the dining section, the Jamacian french fries were yummy ( I get in such a snacky food mood when I drink!!)

Sand Dollars
    I think the cover charge runs with what hour you go in, starting at 6 or 7 or something -- $7 if you go in during 7:00 hour, et cetera, but doesn't go above $10.

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    If you go on ladies night, there is no cover--for ladies. At least that's how it was the last couple of years.

Sand Dollars
    No cover before 5 PM any day of the week. After 5 PM it's $5, after 6 PM it's $6, after 7 PM it's $7, etc., up to $10 maximum after 10 o'clock.

I believe on Friday nights, ladies get in for free all night long, but that may just be a winter season thing. I'm not sure.

As far as drink prices go, they are right in line with any of the other popular clubs and more upscale restaurants in town. Remember to ask about specials. Every day they have a $1.75 draft special all day long, Natural light cans are always $2.25 or $2.75 (I can't remember) and there is usually a liquor special during happy hour.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Seacrets

Thanks for all the info,,.. i did know that drinks are very expensive,,,but we will drink before we go...and i think happy hour runs till 7;00, after that i dont mind buying a drink or 2 at regular price.

Sand Dollars
    The never did away with cover charges (except on maybe a few special nights) last year- The previous year (2004) the covers were $15-$20 on the weekends (and people were still waiting in line for an hour on those nights).

Last year they maxed out there cover at $10 which was nice- and it is the same this year. They could probably charge $25 on weekends, and it would still be full.

pappap999
    Sand Dollars

Re; Seacrets

The Last Time We Went To Seacrets They Were Actually Making People Empty Their Pockets Using A Detector Wand Between Our Legs And Asking People If They Had Any Weapons. Kind Of Freaked Me Out. We Did Go In, But It Did Scare Us. How Bad Had Things Become? Yes, I Do Want To Go Somewhere Safe But It Just Made Me Feel More Unsafe If You Get What I Mean? I Kept Thinking About The One Person Who Might Have Made It Through. Does Anyone Know If Other Entertainment Places In Oc Had The Same Routine?

pappap999
    Sand Dollars

Re; Seacrets

The Last Time We Went To Seacrets They Were Actually Making People Empty Their Pockets Using A Detector Wand Between Our Legs And Asking People If They Had Any Weapons. Kind Of Freaked Me Out. We Did Go In, But It Did Scare Us. How Bad Had Things Become? Yes, I Do Want To Go Somewhere Safe But It Just Made Me Feel More Unsafe If You Get What I Mean? I Kept Thinking About The One Person Who Might Have Made It Through. Does Anyone Know If Other Entertainment Places In Oc Had The Same Routine? I Realize This Had Nothing To Do With Cover Charges But This Came To Mind Seeing The Name Of Seacrets. And Maybe You Should Leave Your Weapons Back At The Room!!

Beth'sOC
    Sand Dollars
    Secrets is also serious about dress code especially for males like no sleeve-less shirts or extra baggy clothing. From the sound of it I think they are trying to decrease the likelihood of concealing a weapon...which also made me a bit weary when I went there too. But once you get inside everything seems really calm and under control.

And they have an kick a** security system. While dining my beau and I spotted 5 very hard to find cameras... small as a roll of quarters. I am sure security is on top of things.