+ Reply to Thread
    steelersoxfan
    Sand Dollars

Any shrimp suggestions?

Hi everyone,
    I was hoping that someone could give me suggestions of where to find the best options for shrimp in OC. Thanks so much.

myocbeach
    Sand Dollars
    Surprisingly enough, Hooter's breaded shrimp is pretty good. As for real fine quality shrimp, I don't know. I would think Phillips.

Sand Dollars
    I actually like the steamed shrimp at Bull on the Beach. And Smitty McGees is awesome.

Sand Dollars
    You'll pay around $18 to $21 a pound, but Kirby's Pub on 94th has the best jumbo steamed shrimp, done in a steamer right behind the bar with tons of onions.

Bull on the Beach is right across the street and has great steamed everything.

OCJay
    Sand Dollars
    Crabcake Factory has Steamed, Steamed and Peeled and Jumbo Tempura Shrimp. Happy Hour at the Bar Monday thru Friday 3-6 PM $3.99 Half Pounds of their regular shrimp. I was there all week watching the world cup. It was great.
    Oh and for breakfast they now are serving Crab Lumps Benedict which is simply awesome.

OCJ

Sand Dollars
    How about Rippons? Not a restaraunt but they steam you any amount of shrimp or crabs and you can take it back to your condo to enjoy. Really good too. They'll put as much or as little old bay on as you want.