+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Where we ate on Vacation.

My girlfriend and I just got back from a 4 day trip to OC. We had a great time with great weather. Here is a review of where we ate and how it was.

Francos Pizza - This was right below our hotel. Its located under the Sea Scape 16th & Boards. Good pizza, it was the best we had this trip. We are loyal followers of Pizza Boy on 11th & Boards, but unfortunately they had a fire. They are trying to remodel but are having troubles with the insurance company. Hopefully they are up and running by our next trip down in August.

Harrisons Harbor Watch - My Aunt along with serveral great reviews prompted us to try this place. The decor is nice and the views where cool. But everything besides the entree was mediocore. The rolls came out on a paper plate holder. To us it seemed like this place was a little fancier then that. The app & the sides were not that great, very bland and cold. I had the Mahi Mahi with a basil cream sauce, that was very good. If the entree would have been first the experience probably wouldn't have been so bad. Overpriced if you ask me.

Sunday we went to Mackys and sat by the bay. This was awesome. We weren't hungry at the time, so we sat on the beach and had a few drinks. The menu looked kinda slim on choices. Kids meals where priced high. Which didn't matter because the kids didn't join us this time. We moved into the bar for Happy Hour and had a the buffalo chicken & jerk chicken. Both were good.

Sinbads - This is where we stopped on the way home from the bar. I'm not sure where its at we just saw that it was open from the bus and the driver said it was good so we had him let us off. We had gyros and a slice of pizza. Not the best gyro or the best pizza. But when your drunk does it really matter?

Booty's - We saved Bootys until a weekday so we could take advantage of the BOGO entrees. We had some steamed shrimp & crab balls for an app. They were both good and the shrimp were very large. We both had seafood platters of some sort. Mine was scallops, shrimp & crab cake. Everything was very good at Bootys. We will go back in August with the kids. I think they would have fun there.

Sukura - While shopping we stopped it for a couple of sushi rolls. They were excellent!

Bahama Mamas - By Tuesday I was ready for some crabs! Now typically we go to Hoopers, but on this trip I wanted to try new restaurants, so we went here. The AYCE didn't seem appealing me. Not a lot came with the meal, and most of what did I didn't want. My gf does not eat crabs they are too gross for her to tear apart. So it was just me eating them so I decided to get some bigger ones. I've only ever had the size that come in the AYCE. So I ordered 6 Jumbos. These babies where big! And they where good, and they where covered in Old Bay. I was in heaven, on the bay with good crabs and beer! She had a crab imperial sandwich which was awesome as well. Oh and we the had the crab dip, which was one of the best I've had. Highly recommend this place if youd like to try something new.

Julias - For Canolis. Multiple times. There is no other.

We drove around over the bridge on the bay side and saw a couple of places we may try when we go back in August. And Iguana Surf is over there now. I thought I read that had closed, but maybe they just moved. It looked like a cool place to eat great views of the Bay. But we had just eaten.

All in All it was a great get away for her & I.

myocbeach
    Sand Dollars
    Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Congrats!

If you're looking for another AYCE crab place, try Mug and Mallet on the boardwalk. They have good food other than the crab which are always hot, covered in Old Bay and never ending (until about 9pm... thats when they either run out or stop steaming).

Sand Dollars
    Where is Julias? My husband is Italian and loves cannoli.

Sand Dollars
    There are 2 places on the boardwalk. 11th & Boards next to Pizza Boy. And I want to say 5th Street & Boards. Somewhere close to that. Its called Julias Too. Get it?

Sand Dollars

Great review

Hey, that was fun to read! What is the BOGO at Booty's- buy one get one free? What days and times??? I want that!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Jeff
    Hey, that was fun to read! What is the BOGO at Booty's- buy one get one free? What days and times??? I want that!
    Yes you are correct its Buy one get one. Its the early bird M-F 4-6pm. It applies to all entrees, if its a seafood entree they add an extra $3. So it our case we had 2 entress for $24.99. And they were good!