+ Reply to Thread
    washcaps37
    Sand Dollars

AYCE Hardshell Crabs

I am looking for a place in OC that does the old brown paper on the tables outside ( or in ) and the AYCE crabs. Where you pay a set price and they just keep dumping on the table along w/ vinegar and Old Bay, and of course pitchers of beer,
    Anyone know of the best place to find this????

I'll be in OC the first week of Aug. and was looking forward this year to a crab feast.

Thanks!

evildiva
    Sand Dollars
    Hooper's on rt. 50 ....the best!!!

Sand Dollars
    I also recommend Hooper's. We have been going every year during our trip to OC. It costs $25.95 per person and they bring out fried chicken, ribs, steamed shrimp, fried clam strips, hush puppies, corn on the cob (steamed in the husk) and of course hardshell crabs. It is AYCE and they bring more to your table as you need it. We try to get there early so that we can get a good seat on the bayfront deck, it is covered and usually in the evening there is a nice breeze. You can also eat inside. Their crabs are decent and we have always received very good service there.

ocman99
    Sand Dollars
    watermans in woc!

they are best hands down

myocbeach
    Sand Dollars
    Mug and Mallet on the boardwalk is awesome! They have a pay-to-play juke box and outside seating (with electronic awnings if it gets wet). At night they usualy have some kind of guitar plaring singer for entertainment. I think its around 2nd or 4th street. The only thing that sucks is that their bathrooms are smaller than a coat closet, but that makes it kinda adventuresome... kinda.

washcaps37
    Sand Dollars
    Thanks everyone!