Thread: Grove Market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    I've never eaten at The Grove Market, but from what I'm reading the prices don't seem out of line at all - $20 - $35 entrees. That's pretty much what I was paying at The Captains Table 2 years ago. The last time we went to the Hobbit our bill came to $250.00 (mind you there is 7 of us). Even your buffets are going to run you almost 30 bucks a person. So call me crazy but it seems like they are charging the going rate. Unfortunately for me, after talking to the owner on the phone, she advised me that taking my family here would not be the best of ideas, I decided not to make resevations for our vacation which is coming up in 8 days. But, someday I will be able to be kiddless in the future, and when that day comes I look forward to giving this place a try.

Sand Dollars
    DeanM - We also have 8 days until our OC vacation! We are getting really excited to hit the road next week. I really hope that the Captains Table is ready next year, we really missed it last year. Last year we tried Nick's in its place, which was good, but it was no Captains Table. I believe that this year we are going to try Harrison's Harborwatch.

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    DeanM--why wouldn't it be the best of ideas to take your family there?

Sand Dollars
    Nlfissle, I agree, I was hoping The Captains table would have been ready THIS year. I've eaten at Harrisons but it was probably 7 years ago, I wasn't overly happy with it but my wife liked it just fine...

JustBeachy, When I spoke with her on the phone she said that they do not offer a childrens menu, and that they have a very sophisticated menu. This would not be a problem for my other kids, but the little one will just be turning 3 while we are down OC next week. He's normaly pretty good as far as eating out goes, but he's pretty much locked into chicken fingers and fries, or a hotdog or something on that order... She came right out and told me to find a baby sitter, leave the kids, and make it a night for just my wife and I.... I can respect this...