Thread: Grove Market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OCJay
    Sand Dollars

Grove Market

By far my favorite place to eat when in Ocean City. It's a little shack located on St Martins Neck road just over the Rt 90 bridge. Revolving menu and the definition of eclectic.

They have a smokehouse out back and just added a new wine menu. Not for the snobby Galaxy types however. Just great food and fun service.

OCJ

MAKE RESERVATIONS WELL IN ADVANCE!!!!

ravenman
    Sand Dollars

Shhhhhhh!!!!!

All right, now you've let the cat out of the bag. This is one of the area's best kept secrets. The funny thing about this place is its looks can be deceiving. The first time I went there my friends laughed when they saw the look on my face when we pulled in the parking lot. Shabby little building and the inside is not decorated like your typical restaurant. Mis-matched china, plastic chairs and tables, and "best of all" serve yourself beer and soda cooler.(You can actually ask and they will get it for you but it would take away from the experience). After going there several times the owners, who also wait on you, remember us and are always very pleasant to chat with. There is no permanent menu and they tell you the entrees they have available for that particular day which always includes gourmet seafood which is their specialty. Let me just say the food is the absolute best I've ever had in the OC area. Everything is fresh and unique in its ingredients. They get their desserts from a lady down the road and if you still have room left after dinner make sure you try one of the cakes or pies. My friends and I still laugh everytime we go because the food, the service, and warm hospitality you get in this dreary looking little shack is truly amazing. The food is a little pricey but not much more or about the same as any upscale place in OC. But you definately get your money's worth here. If you go and stuffed rockfish with remmick sauce is on the menu for the night take my reccomendation and order it.

Oh yeah, you need to call well in advance to get a table as they are small(approximately 6-7 tables) and word of their quality has really spread over the years.

JJ_Walters
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenman
    Oh yeah, you need to call well in advance to get a table as they are small(approximately 6-7 tables)

Whoa, that is small. Sound great, though. Thanks for the tip. We'll definitely be checking it out!

arlenecap
    Sand Dollars

The Grove Market

We just tried the Grove a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. We already made the reservations for our vacation week. Best food I have had down there so far.

tubmon
    Sand Dollars
    Grove Market was the best meal I've ever had at the beach, but very pricey with small portions--dinner for two last year was $130 without serious drinking, and I left hungry. In short, not worth the money. Cash only.

Sand Dollars

Is this place for real

I keep expecting someone to say- Just kidding...

I've never heard of it- but I guess not many people have yet. I will have to check it out- but I'm surprised that they charge upscale prices if they are serving you on plastic chairs, and mismatched settings- and if they only have 6 or 7 tables, it would seem hard to make their money (but I guess that's why they need to charge a little more).

Is there any view in the area?

blue
    Sand Dollars
    Ummm, yeah there's a view....a trailer park and woods.

OCJay
    Sand Dollars
    I have eaten there 30 times at least. I weigh almost 300 Lbs. I have never left hungry. The food is right in line with most upscale cuisine in the area price wise.

It's just not everyones cup of tea......

Apps: $8-15

Entrees: $20-35

Wine $20-40 Bottles (Reisling which I like)

I usually get a bunch of apps and let people try it.

OCJ

ravenman
    Sand Dollars
    I agree with you OCJAY about the prices being in line with most upscale places in OC. Also I've never left hungry either. Leslie and the Grove staff are very friendly and really make you feel welcome when you dine there. For anybody who is looking for excellent food outside of the standard menu you find in most restaurants in OC give the Grove a try.

RavenfanOC
    Sand Dollars
    The prices are so high because the food is just THAT good.