+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

KFC/Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by montegoman
    Speaking of national chains, the old KFC/Taco Bell has been a vacant eyesore up on 136th Street next to the Old Pro Pirate Golf for a few years now. Does anyone know if the lot is for sale or if anything else is slated for that lot? I would love to see something "local" go in there, even a local chain--except Sunsations. We DON'T need another Sunsations.
    About 2 years ago that entire lot,including Old Pro Pirate Golf,was to become a new condo building.That never came to be because of the real estate glut.To keep this option alive the owner of the property only offered a year to year lease to KFC. They wouldn't take it and it looks as if no one else will.
    This also happened to Popeye's Chicken in OC.

Sand Dollars

Save the Pirate Ship!

It would be a shame to lose the Pirate golf. I have been going there since I was a kid, and now, it is fun to take my own children there. You brought up the Popeye's Chicken at the mall. What are the plans for the mall? I am assuming that Superfresh and Roses are still open, but the rest of the mall is just sitting there. Anyone know what is going to happen to that lot?

Sand Dollars

Mall

Same thing.
    All these major plans for condo with stores gone down the shoot.
    The really wierd thing down here is that 10% of the population owns 90% of the land.Therefore they can sit and wait or almost anything else they want to do. That's why alot of places that seem to being doing good business will up and close over the winter.These folks control their leases.For example,old standbys like Duffy's and Tequila Mockingbird are in leased buildings.The landlord gets a bug and they could be gone in blink.

Sand Dollars

Montegoman

Do you by chance live in Montego Bay at 130th st?

Sand Dollars

Re: Other "Chains"

Quote Originally Posted by montegoman
    Speaking of national chains, the old KFC/Taco Bell has been a vacant eyesore up on 136th Street next to the Old Pro Pirate Golf for a few years now. Does anyone know if the lot is for sale or if anything else is slated for that lot? I would love to see something "local" go in there, even a local chain--except Sunsations. We DON'T need another Sunsations.
    Word on the street is that it will be a 5 Guys....... for those unfamiliar with 5 guys it's a hamburger place. Good burgers, fresh hand made fries.

Sand Dollars

Montegoman

BaltoBob,

Yep. How did you guess? You must be psychic or something.

Sand Dollars

Five Guys

Nice! Five Guys has outstanding burgers for a fairly cheap price. It is slightly more expensive than regular fast food, but really good food and fries. I think there is a Five Guys in Bethany. That would be a very good addition to the North OC area. Speaking of chains, I know Five Guys is a chain, but wasn't it started on or near Delmarva?

Sand Dollars

Montegoman

Small world, me too.
    Have had a place on Yawl Dr since 1989.
    3 years ago had it demolished and a stick built put on my lot.
    Been full time since then and have never looked back,

Sand Dollars

Re: Burger King on the Boardwalk

We have Five Guys here in town. Very good burgers and good hot dogs. And you get a pail filled with peanuts to munch on while you wait for your food. Too bad they aren't going in where BK was on the Boards.

Sand Dollars

Re: Burger King on the Boardwalk

I believe 5 Guys came outta the DC burbs....no burgers above well done...very inconsistant. They were supposed to have a "no spatula mash" policy, but they do it. DRY