+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

BK was gross

I stopped there with the kids two summers ago (sorry terp, but sometimes, you just can't wait for service at a sit-down place with a 5 and 2 year-old) and I must say that it was one of the most digusting experiences I have had in OC. It was old, dirty, and had poor service, but it was air-conditioned, which was nice. I am glad to see it go, and I agree that it would be great to see something local go in there. Even something regional, like Five Guys. Bethany has a Five Guys, and they are the best burgers in the world.

Sand Dollars

Like I said, they were great

Like I said, they were great for a coke or something, but I have to agree, it was a nasty filthy place. We usually just went up to the outside window. I did, however, always find the staff there friendly, no issues that I recall. i do have agree also, that we go the boardwalk to hit the local fare, not a chain. I've never understood why people stand in line for Boardwalk Fries vs Trashers.

I have heard that they are replacing it with another Candy Kitchen.

Sand Dollars

chains on the boardwalk?

Ok I'm not a Burger King VIP or anything but when someone says they don't like seeing chains on the boardwalk the fact is there are a lot of chains within the boardwalk itself not to mention what is located in the rest of O.C. In fact Burger King was the only fast food (when you think of McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Arby's...etc). So what's the harm in having one? Dumser's, Dough Roller, Candy Kitchen, Kite Loft, Old Tyme Photos, Boardwalk Fries, Sunsations are just a few examples of the many "chains" on the boardwalk. Should they go away as well?

Sand Dollars

I'm sitting here laughing at

I'm sitting here laughing at the comment about not wanting to see a chain on the boards. Candy Kitchen is a CHAIN! There is no escaping chains........even in OC. And every year when we go, there are more and more. And people will frequent them because they are familiar and they know what to expect. It's awful to read on forums about this wonderful place or that wonderful place and go inside only to find that the prices are so out of your budget that you can only order water. They're a necessity unfortunately. But I sure hope they NEVER put a Red Lobster down there. That's just insulting.

Kwhit

OC Mike,do you have a

OC Mike,do you have a Dumsers,Dough Roller,Candy Kitchen,Kite Loft,Old Tyme Photos,Boardwalk Fries,opr Sunsations in Aberdeen?

Sand Dollars

No, I don't and I wouldn't

No, I don't and I wouldn't need to have them around to be a chain. It doesn't matter where they are, if there's more than one it is considered a chain. I was commenting on the fact that someone said they don't like to see chains on the boardwalk when realistically there are a lot of chains on the boardwalk anyways whether it is liked or not. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want to see any of those places shut down.

Sand Dollars

Dumsers, Dough Roller, Candy

Dumsers, Dough Roller, Candy Kitchen, Kite Loft, Old Tyme Photos, Boardwalk Fries,and Sunsations are all businesses that originated in OC. There's a huge difference between these and the likes of McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Arby's, and Burger King.

Sand Dollars

It seems like what people

It seems like what people are saying is that they don't want to go to the boardwalk and eat at places that they can eat at when they are home. I agree with Dumsers, Dough Roller, etc. being chains, but they are not NATIONAL CHAINS. Can we all agree on that?

Sand Dollars

I will admit that I usually

I will admit that I usually don't frequent National chains in OC. However, when I was in my early teens, when my family and I would go to the beach for a full week, my friend and I would always get a day at Trimper's. We almost always stopped into the BK for a quick bite between rides.

Nowadays, especially in these tough times, I only support local Boardwalk places (with the possible except of Kohr Bros and Polish Water Ice). Besides, OC Frogs has the best burgers on the Boards. But, a part of me will miss that Burger King.

Sand Dollars

Other "Chains"

Speaking of national chains, the old KFC/Taco Bell has been a vacant eyesore up on 136th Street next to the Old Pro Pirate Golf for a few years now. Does anyone know if the lot is for sale or if anything else is slated for that lot? I would love to see something "local" go in there, even a local chain--except Sunsations. We DON'T need another Sunsations.