+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Burger King on the Boardwalk

When I visited OC just before Xmas, I noticed the Burger King on the Boardwalk was missing all of it's logos and the inside looked pretty torn up.

I was thinking that they were modernizing that particular BK, since it is probably the last Burger King in the country to still have the old logo.

Does anybody have the scoop on this?

Sand Dollars

No, but I sure hope they

No, but I sure hope they don't close it. When we're down for the car shows that's where we always grab lunch cause there isn't a whole lot close to the inlet that's reasonable. We tried Boog Powells but didn't care for it at all. Hope it doesn't leave, but in this economy, who knows?

Sand Dollars

Not listed on the BK website

Went to their web site they have 2 locations listed for OC one around 32nd and another up on 119th
    And that is all for BK locations. If they were just redoing it they may or may not take it off of the list.

Sand Dollars

You know, that would be such

You know, that would be such a mistake to lose that one. Younger kids who go to the inlet for rides and games withe their parents are familiar with Burger King and know they can get something to eat there, whereas they aren't going to recognize Boog Powells or Thrashers or Dough Rollers when they want to eat. Same with teens. And not all families can afford to eat at the higher priced places all the time. That sucks if they aren't there anymore. Another mistake for OC. They just keep adding up.

Sand Dollars

I would hate to see it go,

I would hate to see it go, while we don't eat there, it's a nice place to buy a drink while our kids are doing their Trimpers day. It's hard to imagine them closing, they always seem busy whenever I've been there.

Sand Dollars

Sorry to go against the

Sorry to go against the grain here folks but I'm happy to see it gone. 1, I hate chains on the boardwalk and 2, no parent should be giving BK food to their kids. Learn to read nutritional labels. That's all.

Kwhit

I must agree with terp!

I must agree with terp! chains on the boards,they just take something away,I go to OC. for the adventure,trying new things,I can always eat at BK right here at home.

Sand Dollars

I also agree

on my 6 hr ride - I pass a lot of Burger Kings, between here and the beach (and to the best of my memory never stopped at one yet)... when I'm in OC I want to eat the local fare.

That's one business on the boards they could close & wouldn't bother me a bit. Matter of fact shutting down a national chain like that might actually help a locally run burger place like Hammerheads.

Sand Dollars

Burger King on the BW

I read several months ago (Coastal Dispatch?) that the Burger King on the end of the BW was closing. It sounded like B King decided not to renew their lease on the building. Something new is going in there, but I don't recall what it is. I'll see if I can find the article.

Sand Dollars

Not a big loss for me..........

My last BK visit years ago (Easton) revealed a total lack of staff (staph) hygiene. BK is dropped!!