+ Reply to Thread
    vanille
    Sand Dollars

Fager's Island Restaurant

We will be staying just around the corner from this place in August... Looks fun. Anybody ever been to the rastaurant/bar? Any comments?

beachbum21984
    Sand Dollars
    I might eat there tonight. When you stay at the Grand Hotel and get package deals they give you like $60 dinner vouchers and stuff and fagers is on the list. So if its open I think im tryin it out tonight. I will let you know after the weekend.

Sand Dollars

You'll Like It

Fagers is a great place and an OC tradition of sorts for sunset ceremonies.

Be aware that they have a fine dining section and a casual dining secton. So you can customize your experience a bit. If I recall right the outside deck is part of the casual experience.

It's also a haven for parrotheads as they have a buffet tribute band at least once a week in season. Quite a scene -- we had our 16 year old daughter with us on Buffet night last year and she never laughed so hard at the adults' outlandish behavior. Good time.

We've only done the casual thing but I'm sure that the fine dining is quite nice.

Sand Dollars

fagers

I mean no disrespect to anyone but I for one was not impressed at all with fagers. It's been about 4 years since I ate there, and have no desire to give it another try. The portions were way too small, and the price (for what you got) was way too high. The quality of the food was average at best. I know a lot of members on here love the place, but it did nothing for me... sorry

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Fager's Island has both a bar and restaurant business.

This place is located right on the bay so some of it's appeal is the location.

They have both an inside area to eat and drink and an outside deck area to enjoy if the weather permits.

As for the bar it is one of the most popular nights spots in OC. They usually have a live band, dance floor in one section and then another section with DJ music. Usually gets a very good crowd during the season and more so on weekends.

As for the food I have eaten lunch there on several occasions and would return. It was better then the average meal you get in OC. With the location and views it is a pleasant place to relax and have lunch.

As mentioned they have an upstairs formal dining area for dinner with a little up scale dress code to fit in and again this is a little higher scale then the average dinner out in OC.

If you are looking for a decent meal with a great view of the bay arrive around sunset to enjoy the classical music played each day as the sun sinks over the bay.

If you are staying in the area I would make it a point to stop over for drinks at night or a bite to eat for lunch or dinner.

If you do decide to stop in let us all know what you think of the place.

Have a safe trip and enjoy...............

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    You can check out their lunch and dinner menu at:

http://fagers.com/restaurant/

Hope this helps...............

planningtobelocal
    Sand Dollars
    My DH and I just ate at Fager's on Sunday and the food was absolutely wonderful. If your seated in the dinning room before 6:00 they have an early bird menu. We both had the prime rib which came with asparagus and a potato, salads (not included with the meal) and a wonderful bottle of wine. The total cost of the meal was $83.00 and the view, "Priceless"