+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Coaches Corner Diner moving?

I hope no one minds me asking, but where was this place. I have been going to OC every year for over 30 years and I was never there. Anyone mind filling me in on what street this place was and what hotel it was in. I just want to see if I have a mental vision of this place.

Thanks guys.

Sand Dollars

Britt, It is at the Sea Bay hotel right where you go to get onto to 90. If you are coming into town via 90 it is on your right hand side just as you get onto Coastal Hwy. VERY clean. Pricey for lunch as someone said...yep, but good food in a clean place.

Sand Dollars

thanks rssmd. how long was it at that location??

Sand Dollars

At least 20 years.

Beachdude

IBO contradicts their attack on Sea Bay Hotel MGMT by first correctly saying Coach's was given a low lease rate and then accusing the hotel MGMT of trying to gouge them. So which is it IBO?

It is not the hotel employees responsibilty to promote Coach's restaurant by handing out fliers and hassling every guest to go eat at Coach's. Martin is 100% responsible for Coach's lackluster business yet he is too immature to accept it, and blames everyone and everything else.

The hotel issues parking passes with a Coach's advertisement on it, allows Martin to display a prominent sign in the lobby as well as keep menus with a standee on the front desk counter, and street signs facing both north and southbound traffic along coastal highway. The hotel also sends Coach's a significant amount of business thru their golf and group packages that often include breakfast vouchers that the hotel pays for at 100% value. Martin offers no discounts to hotel guests or the hotel for prepaid vouchers.

The bottom line is that Coach's does not meet the needs of the hotel or it's guests.

First Martin raised the prices about a year or so ago so significantly, that many guests and non guests complain about it often. Second he refuses to stay open past 2pm, even in the summertime. He has a beer and wine license that is completely wasted because he only wants to stay open from 6am to 2pm daily. He is too cheap to pay a competent person a good honest wage to manage the restaurant beyond those hours in order to provide dinner and late night service which the hotel and it's guests desire.

Sand Dollars

Truth Hurts. Beachdude is so right + it is DIRTY

Sand Dollars

This place was only open until 2 PM??? A restaurant closing at 2 PM??????? In OC????? No wonder I never heard of this place!!!

ocjoymac10

Coach's was great. The only problem I ever had with it was the wait to get in!!! I have no idea where all this stuff about being dirty is coming from----maybe from some losing vendors??? So I can only assume that someone has an axe to grind against them. I have been in many resturants in OC and some that are highly regarded for food, service and whatever......and none have been any cleaner than Coach's....

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by ocjoymac10

Coach's was great. The only problem I ever had with it was the wait to get in!!! I have no idea where all this stuff about being dirty is coming from----maybe from some losing vendors??? So I can only assume that someone has an axe to grind against them. I have been in many resturants in OC and some that are highly regarded for food, service and whatever......and none have been any cleaner than Coach's....
    It sure seems that way.................Maybe they should be really be careful because Marty and his family have been a part of the Ocean City scene for many years and by downing Coach's can in no way help anything that MVK will open in its spot. As a full time resident I will do everything in my power (legaly of course) to keep a new eatery from becoming successful.

Beachdude

Bob I used to think you had a good head on your shoulders.

You are sounding as immature as Martin.

Good luck with your agenda.