+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Coaches Corner Diner moving?

rgoodman35..not a fair statement that the place is dirty. I'm VERY picky and Martin keeps a very clean place. I have commented to my husband many times about how clean it is. If anyone has been in there they know that there is a ton of SS in the kitchen area and not a spot of grease on it. I have worked in fine dining restaurants where you can't see the kitchen and trust me, if you want to see dirty! I will debate you on this and, I challange anyone to go in the place and see just how clean it is.

Sand Dollars

rssmd,

I went in July and September and your statements couldn't be further from the truth. [edited by admin]

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by rssmd

rgoodman35..not a fair statement that the place is dirty. I'm VERY picky and Martin keeps a very clean place. I have commented to my husband many times about how clean it is. If anyone has been in there they know that there is a ton of SS in the kitchen area and not a spot of grease on it. I have worked in fine dining restaurants where you can't see the kitchen and trust me, if you want to see dirty! I will debate you on this and, I challange anyone to go in the place and see just how clean it is.

I agree. I sell food in town and walk in many kitchens. Coach's keeps the place clean, walk in the back or in their walk-in............. it's always spotless. It's one of the few places I will go to eat lunch, prices are high (real high) but they do a good job and the place is anything from dirty.

Just my opinion.

Sand Dollars

You must be talking about different a place. I've been going to Coach's since 1989 ( when Mary's mom used to run it ) and have always found it clean and friendly.

Also. If it was so disgusting and dirty in July why did you go back again in September ?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by BALTOBOB

You must be talking about different a place. I've been going to Coach's since 1989 ( when Mary's mom used to run it ) and have always found it clean and friendly.

Also. If it was so disgusting and dirty in July why did you go back again in September ?

OOOOPS ! That's Marty's mom.

Sand Dollars

We went to the one on 61st street. It's with some hotel. There was no kitchen. The cook cooked on a griddle behind the bar. I was wrong, we only went in September but I stand by my observations.

Sand Dollars

I'm with you on this one. It's not personnel just a dirty business. If it was so good they would not have to move

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by rgoodman35

I'm with you on this one. It's not personnel just a dirty business. If it was so good they would not have to move

Spoken as a typical tourist !

The lease just happens to be up at the hotel.

Sand Dollars

Again if they where any good the hotel would want them to stay. The hotel is nice. So I'm they would like something better to replace it.

Sand Dollars

The place wasn't dirty, at all. Martin and the staff took great pride in keeping it clean and it showed. From the table settings to the walk-in to the back dock area. Trust me, I see it all in town and they are a clean restaraunt. Sure it might have been "outdated" but you know what? So what?

The hotel owners are a fairly new owner of the hotel and own a couple others in town. They did NOTHING to help Coach's, no fliers, no menus handed out to guests, nothing to help them with the business. Did everything to sabatoge it. They see things like an account would as in just the "numbers" and don't get it. Sure you can look at numbers all day and figure "Hey I can save that, or I can make that" without understanding the work involved to operate a successfull restraunt is another thing. And to run a successful restraurant in Ocean City is a complete different beast. Martin was blessed with a low lease, the owners think they can do the same as Martin did, only time will tell. Lease rates in town are still sky high, a real unfortunate lose-lose unless Malcom can make it a successful breakfast place like Coach's. (How much work will that take? Will Malcom do the cooking?) I hope Martin finds something, wife and kids he does have a family to care for not to mention the other employees. Classic case of "If you don't own the property in town the owner will gouge you until you fail". Part of the reason so many property owners flipped their restaurants into condos over the last few years.

It will be interesting, I wish them all the best.