+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sand Dollars
    $35.95 for a Rib eye??? Holy cow! I guess like every thing else in OC these days, it's overpriced. Gee, Paul Revere's is beginning to sound better. (Just kidding).

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    We went to Ruth Chris for dinner a while back because we had a gift card, for 3 of us we spent $150, it was a wonderful dinner. I don't know in what city you dined at RC NYMD, but in Pittsburgh it was great. Maybe I thought so because we didn't have to spend any of our own money. I believe you can get just as good a meal (filet mignon) at Nicks for half the price.

OC Kitty
    Sand Dollars
    Hello all...

Have been going to OC since '89...we've always stayed in the same condos (Sea Watch, ocean front @ 115th and Coastal Hwy) and been eating at mostly the same places ever since, with a few additions over the years.

Since we get into OC around 8:00 a.m., we always stop at the Dough Roller on 70th and Coastal Hwy. Decent breakfast after an 8 hr. drive. The service is usually pretty good. Tried the pizza a few years back and did not like it, but I am very particular about pizza, so maybe it's just me.

We always end up at Phillips on 142nd the first night we're in town. I really do not like the buffet, but I don't like buffets anywhere. If you choose to do the buffet (or if anyone in your party does, for that matter), you're herded into this hot, overcrowded, and messy room so you can shell out big bucks for mediocre food. Fortunately, even if you are seated in the buffet area, you can still order off the menu. I always have to have the Premium Crab Cake sandwich - it is delicious!

Harpoon Hanna's is another favorite. In other posts, people have complained about the flies, but hey, it is largely open-air and right on the bay, what do you expect? If you can deal with swatting a few away, don't miss the famous muffins and bread, not to mention the spinach salad and scallops.

We love Seacrets' atmosphere and drinks, and the food is ok - pretty much bar food. I wish I hadn't read the posts about the rat, chickens, and roaches. Gross.

I am very sad to hear about The Hobbit. We only "discovered" this place 3 years ago. Until then, we followed our regular rotation of restaurants and didn't add any new ones. I'll miss them this year but look forward to the new place opening in '07.

I have always found Bull on the Beach on 94th to be clean and have speedy service and food served at the appopriate temperature.

If you want the best fries town, don't miss Thrashers. There's at least three locations on the boards and several more throughout town and even across the border in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Don't ask for ketchup! Drawback: dozens of annoying, pooping seagulls who want your fries. That's the beach, though!

Kids will love Dumser's Dairyland. There are at least two locations - one next to Seacrets (49th street?) and one north, around 123rd or so. Great ice cream sundaes. There's also the Ice Cream Castle and Cold Stone Creamery, the latter of which just opened in '05 - I think. Both are north, right around 120-125th.

Can't wait until July!!

beachbum21984
    Sand Dollars
    Great posting! Good Information! Im starving! . Coins is very good I saw alot of people talking about it here. I dont like the spring salad that you get with the raspberry vinagrette dressing YUCK! But other than the salad that place is awsome!

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    [QUOTE=NY-MD]Excellent but Overpriced

I was disapointed in alot of areas from what I expected. The food was great but the side items are really overpriced. We spent $300.00 (with tip) for a party of 4 (no wine or cocktails). If it would had been half of that I would had been happy. I think there trying to create a image they really dont have. I loved the food but for the price I would think twice about going back. Remember it's a Steakhouse Chain.

NYMD--what did you eat?? Three of us went there, each of us had the filet with sides and 1 person had dessert and spent $150 and that included the tip.