+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bectile
    Sand Dollars

Bull on the Beach

Our favorite restaurant is Bull on the Beach. The two full-service restaurants have a large menu, and the staff is always so nice! I personally love the nachos, crabcakes, and seafood chowder. My boyfriend is addicted to the open-pit beef sandwiches. And the route 50 restaurant has one of the best burgers you'll ever eat.

Here's the website:
    http://www.bullonthebeachoc.com/

Our other favorite is Nick's Original House of Ribs, but it can get expensive and always packed, so we only go there for special occassions. But the ribs are absolutely worth it!!
    http://www.nickshouseofribs.com/

Now I'm hungry...
    Rebecca

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    Those are 2 of our favorites too. I am so hungry for an open pit beef sandwich right now!! We also like La Hacienda on 80th St. for Mexican food.

Sand Dollars
    Five more weeks........Cruise In.........crab legs........Fisher's..........ocean........happine ss.

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    I agree that Nick's is absolutely great, it is our favorite place of all in OC, and La Hacienda is also a good bet. I would like to add the following:

Big Peckers for the biggest and best burgers around (and don't forget the crab dip),

Bayside Skillet for the biggest and best-tasting breakfast ever. Everything there is delicious.

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    I see they are opening a Ruth Criss Steak House around 115th St. If you want a truly great steak, try them, although, they are very expensive, but well worth it.

Sand Dollars
    Yup. Here's the link.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/...teakhouse.html

They have a wonderful menu.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Goes well with a stay at the HILTON

Ruth's Chris Steak house
    107 W. Sixth, 477-7884
    Monday-Thursday, 5:30-10:30pm; Friday-Saturday, 5:30-11pm; Sunday, 5:30-10pm

As is the case with most steak houses, Ruth's Chris is the place where unadventurous diners go for a fine dining experience. The atmosphere is expensive, although after a while the chain restaurant feeling creeps back in, inevitably. The place is a beacon of corporate dining. The menu features the basic steak house staples, but its New Orleans roots do come through in some of the items, especially the appetizers. The Shrimp Brochette ($11.95), four large, grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon and filled with jalapeƱo and Swiss cheese, served with a thick yellow tomato and basil sauce, were a good start. But the best thing about Ruth's Chris is the meat. The Cowboy Ribeye ($33.95), a 22 oz. chunk of bone-in, melt-in-your-mouth aged prime beef and the T-Bone ($36.95), probably my favorite steak cut, were perfectly cooked to medium rare, extremely flavorful, seasoned only with a bit of salt. Both steaks came to the table sizzling in butter, with a deliciously crisp exterior. The side dishes were not as successful. While I found that the sweetness and tangy flavor of broiled tomatoes ($6.95) were the perfect foil for the rich meat, the Potatoes au Gratin ($6.95) were downright bland and unimaginative, plain cubes of potato covered with cheddar cheese. And for the outrageous prices, the portions could definitely be bigger. On the other hand, the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake ($7.95) was light and tasty, but the slice was way too big. After that rich a meal, half the portion for half the price would be just right.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Dinner for 4 w/o drinks $300 Enjoy.....

Excellent but Overpriced

I was disapointed in alot of areas from what I expected. The food was great but the side items are really overpriced. We spent $300.00 (with tip) for a party of 4 (no wine or cocktails). If it would had been half of that I would had been happy. I think there trying to create a image they really dont have. I loved the food but for the price I would think twice about going back. Remember it's a Steakhouse Chain.

Over Rated

I thought the steaks were very small for the high price charged. I ordered the Filet with the shrimp which was 34.95 I believe. My opinion.. did it once.. not again. I have actually gotten better steaks at OutBack for less money and a more comfortable atmosphere.

Sand Dollars
    The place is a beacon of corporate dining

It surely is. Not a place to go on your own dime. I am really surprised it is opening in Ocean City.

OCbaby
    Sand Dollars

Thanks everyone!!!

Thanks to everyone, gave me lots of new places to try, I really appreciate all of the suggestions and information.

OCbaby