+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OCbaby
    Sand Dollars

Need to hear about new places to eat

Hi - been going to OC for over 20 years, I have never been to Fish Tails or Coins, anybody gone there before? Paul Revere - gross - use to be nice when it first opened in the 80's. I have been to Halls and Horizons and the place all the way at the end of the boardwalk, can't remember the name, very pricey - it was pretty good, but not great. Any suggestions???

Sand Dollars

Coins

Hi OCBABY!

A few years back, one of the local's recommended Coins, we've been going there ever since. Good honest food....no overspiced coverup's. My family and I enjoy the friendly waitstaff and the pleasant atmosphere. I highly recommend this place to everyone.
    Bon Apatite!

----Anne

OCbaby
    Sand Dollars

Psalm

Thank you so much for the reply, I will defintely check it out when I go in July.

blue
    Sand Dollars

Corn Beef Palace

The Coins restaurant in the shopping center on 28th Street is for sale and could change uses or owners shortly.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Coins the Restaurant is not on the market..........

Just to make things clear Coins is located at 28th and the Coastal Highway.

In the same strip mall there is a deli/sandwich shop owed by the same owners as the restaurant. Also has Coins in the name.

The deli/sandwich shop is for sale NOT the restaurant.

I had dinner at Coins on 3/10 and as always the food was good, the staff friendly and the place gets crowded. This is not a fancy place, with wonderful views just a good meal at fair prices.

Hope this sets things straight.

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    I have never been to Coins, but after reading these posts would like to try it this summer. What would you recommend to a first-timer for dinner.?

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    If you like seafood try the steamed shrimp for a starter and the crabcakes for a main course.

Or you could try the same for lunch.

They have specials for early dinners and this might get you there when the crowd isn't as big.

They expanded this place afew years ago and now looks like they are getting to big even with the added room.

Steady bar crowd with a mix of locals and vacationers always friendly group and good food.

Enjoy...........

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    Thank you, NY-MD, for the suggestions. Crabcakes happen to be one of my favorites, and my husband really enjoys shrimp of any kind.

BAS LPN
    Sand Dollars
    We've eaten at Fish Tales a couple times. It's good food, nothin' fancy. It's really upscale bar food, which is good because it's a bar basically. Nice to tie up if you're coming in by boat, just make sure you bring your own dock line, cause they don't supply any for the transient slips.

Marlin Moon Grille in the Francis Scott Key Hotel on Rt. 50 is an awesome place for dinne. If you look at their menu on their website, you might think ok, nice menu. But they have a list of daily specials on appetizers and meals a mile long. Best food we've every had in OC. Started going there when it was above the old Marlin Club. never had a bad meal yet.

arlenecap
    Sand Dollars

Coins, etc

Coins changed hands last year, however we were just there and the food is still the same. Good crab cakes. Also, try West Ocean City, there are a lot of good restaurants there. Captains Galley, Crab Alley, Sunset Grill.