+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    OCJay
    Sand Dollars
    Well I'm not going to get into a peeing match here. Everyone has an opinion but saying their crabcakes are fair makes me think you have another agenda. They have two kinds. Backfin and Lump for $9.99 and All Jumbo Lump for $14.99. Both are 5 Oz. and according the Washington Post Food Section (Eve Zibart July 05) they are the best all lump crabcakes not only in Ocean City but in the entire region.(Feel free and call the paper). I'm wondering if he ordered a "regular" style crabcake and compared it to an "All Lump". Most places like Captains Galley only offer one kind of crabcake.

BTW....They are definately not overpriced for Ocean City. They also sell in bulk which very few others do. Where in OC do they have 5 Oz. All Lump crabcakes for cheaper? and if so how much cheaper, a dollar? I also know for sure that John has owned the place since 1996 so I'm not sure what other owners you are speaking of. Either I or my parents have had a place in Ocean City since 1978 and I have tried all the crabcakes down there. The only crabcakes that compare are Captains Galley which run about the same price and are 4 Oz crabcakes. Coins has gone down hill but they used to be pretty good and Island Cafe is the same story. I also like Fenwick Crabhouse for Scott's Crabcakes.

If you still honestly say you have had an All Lump Crabcake at Crabcake Factory in Ocean City and it was "fair" or not very good I would be amazed.

BTW I have heard John say he likes Captains Galley as well because they use the exact same supplier and the recipe is almost identical.

Take it for what its worth but I think BaltoBob and his so called "northend friends" are full of it. Thats my opinion, but it sounds like Bob has something against John. Does anyone who has had their crabcakes feel the same?

OCJ

I would say to ANYONE wanting a GREAT LUMP CRABCAKE to try Crabcake Factory and come back here and report. I know for a fact if you are not happy they will refund it immediately. We all know what opinions are like so try it yourself. Mothers Day they are having 1/2 price crabcakes. I'll be there!!!

Sand Dollars
    [QUOTE=
    Take it for what its worth but I think BaltoBob and his so called "northend friends" are full of it. Thats my opinion, but it sounds like Bob has something against John. anyone feel the same?
    [/QUOTE]

I for one don't feel the same, I think Bob was just expressing his opinon (he's intitled last time I checked). everbody has different taste buds, and even though YOU might love those crabcakes, not everyone is going to feel the same..... with as big of a deal as YOU are making over this YOU are the one who sounds like they have personal stake in all of this, not Bob........ Sorry, but you asked.

JJ_Walters
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCJay
    Take it for what its worth but I think BaltoBob and his so called "northend friends" are full of it. Thats my opinion, but it sounds like Bob has something against John. anyone feel the same?
    No, I don't feel the same.

Someone says "not impressed" [with the establishment] and [crabcakes are] "fair", and I'm supposed to get the impression that he and his friends are "full of it", and that he has some sort of beef against the owner?

That's crazy talk.

Add in Bob's solid history here (i.e. no problems) and I you've got a no-brainer: It's nothing to get worked up about.

OCJay
    Sand Dollars
    Fair enough. I stand by my opinions however. Let people decide for themselves.
    I can only speak for myself and would not attempt to speak for others.

No problem.

OCJ

PS...Let me also state that by "anyone else feel the same" I meant anyone else who has eaten their crabcakes. I should have stated it more clearly.

I have been around these forums for a while, just never posted before. I have read many of Balto's posts.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Hey Wolf:

Shove it!

How's my spelling??????

Any problem for you understanding this????