+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    It is NOT true that places that accept pets are sub-par. Not at all.

We stayed at The Barefoot Mailman, they accept pets, over Labor Day weekend last year (2005). The room was clean, the bathroom was pristine and there were no odors anywhere. The front desk clerks were always cheerful and helpful. We truly enjoyed our stay at this motel and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Sand Dollars
    I didn't mean to imply that all pet friendly places are dumps, just meant that that fur gets around, and if you aren't used to pets, you might not be so forgiving if there's fur in the corners.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

You have me confused with someone that cares psalm

To answer "NY-MD" editorial: Do you actually think that my vacation was ruined? That was an extra day of what we already had. We own a condo on 120th St. and we were having a fabulous time, so my family and I decided to stay an extra 2 days...no matter. Oh! In case you didn't read what I posted...I had my dog with me, not many places in OC will accept dogs during the "ON" season, and the one's that did were booked solid. I wasn't complaining about the Serene.....I was just giving someone MY opinion, after all he did ask us. OH one more thing, I asked some of the locals about the Serene, most of them said that it was not a 4 star motel, but it would be comfortable and clean. Guess they lied.

AS HARD AS THIS MIGHT BE FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND I WAS NOT SPEAKING TO YOU. BUT YOUR PARANOIA SEEMS TO BE SHOWING.

IT DOESN'T REALLY CONCERN ME ABOUT YOUR VACATION BEING RUINED WITH YOUR HISTORY OF WORLD TRAVEL AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO STAY IN LOWER COST HOTELS I AM SURE YOU FELT RIGHT AT HOME AT THE SERENE.

SO AN EXTRA DAY STAYING IN A PLACE IN WHICH YOU WOULDN'T USE THE BED WAS NO BOTHER FOR YOU JUST PART OF YOUR FABULOUS TIME.

SOUNDED TO ME LIKE YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ACCOMODATIONS.

NOT REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR CONDO OWNERSHIP NOR YOUR TALK WITH THE LOCALS ABOUT A PLACE TO STAY PERHAPS THEY THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE MOST COMFORATABLE AT THE SERENE AFTER SEAKING WITH YOU.

NEXT TIME PLEASE HOLD OFF UNTIL I MENTION YOUR NAME HOPEFULLY I CAN AVOID THAT.

Sand Dollars

Testy aren’t we?

How wonderful of you (NY-MD) you must be a nice person to deal with. As usual, you don't know me or of me. YOU assume that I stay in "low class" hotels. As a result of your arrogance, inexpensive means filthy AND Low Class? I surmise this bit of information won't interest you; I have resided in hotels costing $300 per night that needed cleaning. Where do YOU come off thinking you have knowledge of me or my family. You're nothing but a portentous jerk. I decided to view some of your so called postings, I pity you. Not a very kind man, are you? Every sentence is engorged with venom. What is your cause sir? Do you judge everyone like this? Maybe, you would enjoy it immensely if YOURS was the only conjecture that would be significant in this forum. Maybe we all need to get permission from YOU if we need to post in here. Are you the moderator of the Maryland Forums? If so, please present the by-laws to me in writing via email and please highlight the principal that forbids me to publish my opinion and I will indeed abide by them. Until you do, I will exercise my right as an American citizen under the Constitution of the United States, Bill of Rights, Amendment I -

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Have a Great Day!

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Paranoia: When you believe the world is talking about YOU

MY MY MY aren't we just a tad defensive?? Perhaps you should just tap your brakes a few times.

When you address me by name in one of your posts I will respond.

Again I was not speaking to you. But as always you felt the need to defend
    your comments.

I would suggest you have someone check your blood pressure.

And thanks for the lesson in Constitutional Rights not sure that was necessary but I guess you felt it had something to do with this exchange.
    Or you just ran out of things to say and wanted to use up some more space to prove your point?

And finally I will have a nice day.

Sand Dollars

Ha Ha Ha

Defensive? Check yourself sir
    BP: 12070
    You misjudged me once again...see I have to actually care what you say. What else do you need from me? Cholesterol levels, CBC, etc??? I suggest you take a Prozac and CHILL!
    BTW: I'm having a great day...ty

BeachGurl0915
    Sand Dollars

Serene Hotel

I would have to say the Serene Hotel is a great place to stay. I stayed there last year for senior week and I enjoy it very much so. They had pool party's for us and everything. I mean its not an 5 star hotel( but either is any hotel in ocean city) I would rate it a strong 3 1/2 stars. It's very clean and the people were very freindly. I would tell anyone to stay there if you were either seniors or an family. They even allow pets so you don't have to keep all of you family at home! They have great suites too. I just belive it's a great place to stay. The beach is right there too.

OCtraveler
    Sand Dollars

Re: Can anyone tell me about the Serene Hotel located on ...

I booked this place for an August 2010 getaway with my family. What a mistake!! We were there for about 1/2 hour and decided to go and find another place because it was a filthy dump. The phone didn't work, the Wi-FI didn't work, the room had a funky smell, disgusting looking bathroom. The list can go on... Don't bother going to the front desk because there is seldom a manager on duty. The front desk staff, one in particular named Morgan was EXTREMELY Rude!! Morgan gave all kinds of excuses why she couldn't call a manager and said I had to come back in the morning. I came back in the morning and did receive a refund but then later in the week the charges reappared on my credit card statement. Several calls to this place regarding the charges that magically reappared and again never a manager to talk to. Finally three days later a manager returned my call and left me a voicemail.

I am in no way picky and need to have the best, but the Serene Hotel really is a dump. I really wish I would have check out and found the review sites. The review sites I found pretty much all say the serene hotel is dump. Here are just a few of the not so wonderful things we encountered at the Serene Hotel. First you'll get to see the nice blue doors with hand painted room numbers, filthy flea infested carpets (Pets are welcome at this hotel), holes in the walls throughout the rooms, antique 19" CRT TV, and a phone that was dead with no dial tone, a not very freiendly front desk staff, and no chance of ever talking to a hotel manager.

Here is a link with details and pictures to back up the details. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g41298-d217531-r74535186-Serene_Hotel_Suites-Ocean_City_Maryland.html

We went a few doors down and stayed at the Seahawk Motel. The price is about the same but the rooms down there are 200% better and cleaner.

Overall the 4 day trip was great with the exception of having to deal with the Serene Hotel. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the hassle by not staying at the Serene Hotel.

amandajoyrickard
    Sand Dollars

Re: Can anyone tell me about the Serene Hotel located on 121 st

We stayed at the Serene one time, and we had more than a few problems with our hotel room, but the attitude of the front desk and the quickness of having things fixed made everything okay. We sat on one side of the bed and the mattress came up, our air conditioner soaked our carpet, there was no plug to give our child a bath, I could go on and one. They offered us any room they had available in the hotel, even the suites with no charge. They had maintence come within minutes to fix any problems and they came with a smile. I would stay there again just because of the way I was treated.

amandajoyrickard
    Sand Dollars

Re: Can anyone tell me about the Serene Hotel located on 121 st

We stayed at the Serene one time, and we had more than a few problems with our hotel room, but the attitude of the front desk and the quickness of having things fixed made everything okay. We sat on one side of the bed and the mattress came up, our air conditioner soaked our carpet, there was no plug to give our child a bath, I could go on and one. They offered us any room they had available in the hotel, even the suites with no charge. They had maintence come within minutes to fix any problems and they came with a smile. I would stay there again just because of the way I was treated.