+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    john15
    Sand Dollars

Can anyone tell me about the Serene Hotel located on 121 st

I will be staying with a group at the Serene Hotel on 121 st in the summer, does anyone has any views good or bad, and also is it a long walk to the beach? thanks.

blue
    Sand Dollars

too bad...

Well, looks like you already booked it, but I would have looked else where. Good luck. When i visited it had shared baths, incompleted walls, and many other short comings, it is ocean side though so beach is pretty close.

Sand Dollars

Serene is not so serene

Hi John,

My husband, daughter and myself ( along with our sm dog) stayed at the Serene last summer 05. I wouldn't even get in the bed. There was some type of hair all over the pillows. Everything was filthy! The rug was never shampooed let alone vaccummed. The curtains were actual shower curtains torn and disgusting with some kind of slop on them. The bedspreads should have been condemned by the board of health. Needless to say, we left the next day. I'm not the picky type and I don't stay in expensive motels either. But the one's that I have stayed in were clean. There is a motel in Delaware called the Siesta, they were very inexpensive, but, let me tell you....they were clean. Don't go to the Serene, you may get more than what you bargained for.

Sand Dollars
    Serenity Now, Serenity Now!!!!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin05
    Serenity Now, Serenity Now!!!!
    Don't blame me....."Hate the Drake"!!!!!!!

Sand Dollars
    I'm so addicted to Seinfeld, I can quote it all day myself. I have no life! Only Seinfeld.

Sand Dollars
    Psalm,

Did you complain to the management? And if you did, I'm curious as to how they handled it for you.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Serene Hotel

It amazes me that in 2006 with all the information available over the net people don't bother to check out hotels before booking and staying in some of the dumps located in Ocean City. Why would you risk your vacation time by saving a few dollars and hoping it is acceptable?? These are the results for the hotel in question does a common theme appear to you? Sounds like this place sucks. But you are free to find out for yourself. Ever heard the old saying " You get what you pay for"?

TripAdvisor Traveler Reviews

Dec 30, 2005 "worst hotel ever period." A TripAdvisor Member, Everett
    stayed for 4th of July, paid top money and got the worst customer service along with the nastiest and...

Dec 23, 2005 "ugly, nasty, horrible" A TripAdvisor Member, Delware
    My worst hotel experience ever. A lot of money for nasty hotel room and bathroom. Small and dirty pool....

Aug 9, 2005 "Nasty" A TripAdvisor Member, Crisfield, MD
    I can't say enough about how disappointed and grossed out we were. My husband and i were looking so forward...

Aug 1, 2005 "---- house,, please do not stay here" mariac223@aol.com, bayville, ny
    OMG!! OK So I booked this hotel online,, We wanted a cheaper hotel in Ocean city. Preferably one without...

Jul 12, 2005 "find somewhere else to stay" A TripAdvisor Member, brunswick, marylan
    realizing it was one of the cheaper rates in Ocean City at close to peak season, we didn't expect a lot...

Jun 25, 2005 "it sucked" Katt0313242611@aol.com, Charlestown wv
    i really had a problem with this hotel...i mean it was ok but it needs alot of work...my sister pointed...

Jun 22, 2005 "El Dumpo" A TripAdvisor Member, Laurel, MD
    This place is a disaster -- wet floors in the guest room/"suite" after a rain (water seems to be coming...

May 21, 2005 "Great Hotel, Great Customer Service" A TripAdvisor Member, New York
    Hotel Is one of best you can get for your money In Ocean City. Room we were in was a suit. It was very...

Oct 14, 2003 "Poor Customer Service!" A TripAdvisor Member, Upper Marlboro, MD
    I read one poor review of this hotel, but thought I would give them a shot anyway. I am sorry that I...

Aug 28, 2003 "Stay Away From This Place" A TripAdvisor Member, Philadelphia, PA
    One elevator bank smelled like urine, the other,when we came back from the beach was filled with vomit...

Sand Dollars

Serene

Hi All!

Well to answer "Bob Hall's" question, yes we did. The mgmt kept telling us that they are in the process of renovation, but that they will send someone up to "clean" the place. (didn't happen)
    NOW
    To answer "NY-MD" editorial: Do you actually think that my vacation was ruined? That was an extra day of what we already had. We own a condo on 120th St. and we were having a fabulous time, so my family and I decided to stay an extra 2 days...no matter. Oh! In case you didn't read what I posted...I had my dog with me, not many places in OC will accept dogs during the "ON" season, and the one's that did were booked solid. I wasn't complaining about the Serene.....I was just giving someone MY opinion, after all he did ask us. OH one more thing, I asked some of the locals about the Serene, most of them said that it was not a 4 star motel, but it would be comfortable and clean. Guess they lied.

Sand Dollars
    It's so early in the year, don't you think John15 would be able to cancel and find another place to stay and not lose any money? I think a tip off when looking for a place to stay, is whether or not the place accepts pets. My experience is (and yes I'm a pet owner) that places that allow pets are not as clean as those that don't. Let's face it, that fur gets EVERYWHERE. But anyhow, this Serene Hotel sounds awful. I never heard of it, but I'm sure going to remember it for future reference.