+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    kaisersling
    Sand Dollars

treated disrespectfully

OC Breakers
    The actual facility and location is beautiful. We stayed in a corner suite. Very large. Clean. Modern. Here's the bad news...The management/owner was horrendous. We had 4 people in the room and one day we invited a couple friends up to show them our room and the view to them. We had just stepped into the room when the owner came into our room un-announced. Yes, she entered our room, with no knock or announcement (which I believe is illegal) and started screaming at all of us to get out....Now when I say screaming, I mean at the top of her lungs. She was irrational and rude. She then followed us around for the rest of the weekend, occasionally screaming at us. We are not kids that were loudly partying, I am 36 and are respectful of other guests. She actually locked us out of our room and locked all of our belongings in. All the while, I was speaking rationally and calmly to her. Her behavior was so outrageous that her employees were apologizing to us, unbeknownst to her. Again, beautiful facility but be prepared to be mistreated by "big brother" or in this case "big sister"

Sand Dollars
    I don't mean to stir up contriversy here, but I'm curious if she was American or not. Twice now, I've stayed in OC where the managers were not American and had experiences similar to yours. I'm not implying that they're rude because they're foreign, but I'm wondering if this is something that they have in common.

Sand Dollars
    This is almost unbelievable! I am shocked that you were treated in such an ill fashion. Apparently you were not causing any trouble and did not previously, so I think that this employee of the hotel was way out of line. The owner of the hotel also owns all of the Dough Roller Restaurants and is an Ocean City local, Bill Gibbs. If I were you, I would address a letter to him explaining the poor treatment that you received. I understand that hotels do not like guests coming up to rooms, but the way they treated you was ridiculous. You should have been politely asked to not have guests in your room, if that is their desire.

Sand Dollars
    I absolutely agree. There is also a hotel/motel association in OC, and if you don't get any satisfaction from the owner, send them a letter and a letter to the Chamber of Commerce. Sometimes that's the only way that things get improved.

kathyc814
    Sand Dollars
    We booked a 5 nights stay at the new Hilton and are planning on leaving on Tues. We have the money so I am going to try it...Last yr we stayed at the Holiday Inn suites and paid the same amount for a night but it was booked up this yr..I don't mind paying that price when I have 4 small kids who like to be entertained and that is what we got when staying at the Holiday Inn...So they say the Hilton is simular to that...I will let you all know what it was like when we return...

myocbeach
    Sand Dollars
    People who can afford $400-500 per night should just buy their own place, its not like there isn't enough places to choose from.

My sister's fairly wealthy and she stays at Castle in the Sand cause she's got little ones. Even she wouldn't shell out $400-500 per night.

....but I heard their palm pool and swim up bar is awesome. Wouldn't mind pretending I am a hotel guest one night... anyone with me?
    I'm pretty good at publisher, bet I could conterfit me some pool passes... ??