+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    angiem
    Sand Dollars

Does anyone know if any new oceanfront hotels are opening this spring/summer?

We are planning to visit OC in June. Are there any new hotels opening this year? We're looking for oceanfront with suites. We have a 1 1/2 year old little boy so something family friendly as well. Thanks!!

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Opening SPRING 2006

ziptrip125
    Sand Dollars

Wow!

Touche, NYMD. A link is worth a thousand words!

Sand Dollars
    I'm sure they'll have no problem renting them considering they're within 3 to 5 hours drive of some of the highest per capita incomes in the US.

Maybe OC can capture some of those Lower Sussex County mega-bucks,IE some of those beachfront houses between Fenwick and Bethany go for 3 1/2 to 5 million.

Sand Dollars
    I hate to disagree, but IF I had almost $500. a day to spend on a hotel, it sure in the heck wouldn't be in Ocean City! I'd be on a beach in Maui! I don't think that people are that dumb.....but then again, we're talking DC. Nevermind.

Sand Dollars
    5 nights there in july, would run you $2195.00 + tax. The last time my wife and I went to the Myan Riviera, it cost me $2100.00, for 5 nights in a 6 golden apple resort, all meals, all drinks, flight down and back ... so yeah... you could deffinetly go just about any where if you're going to throw down that kind of money.

Sand Dollars

I remember

I remember when a week in OC for an appartment with pool access costed about 500 bucks a week. Sure, I was a toddler but it happened! LOL

Man, for people like me, 500.00 a nite is INSANE!!!!

What happened to OC being a family oriented resort? You know, with places families could actually afford?!!??!?!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislynell
    I remember when a week in OC for an appartment with pool access costed about 500 bucks a week. Sure, I was a toddler but it happened! LOL

Man, for people like me, 500.00 a nite is INSANE!!!!

What happened to OC being a family oriented resort? You know, with places families could actually afford?!!??!?!
    You can probably still find a place, just not oceanfront or ocean block. Probably Salisbury. ~

Sand Dollars
    Z06RL, unfortunetly that place in Salisbury would probably be a dump if you got it for $500 a week. That's less than 70 bucks a night before sales tax. About 6 years ago I left for OC late at night and found myself fighting to stay awake at the wheel, I stoped in Easton, to get a room for what was left of the night. The place was horrible, and I still shelled out 85 dollars so my wife and I could each sleep with one eye opened for about 6 hours!

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Get your room before they are all gone...........

So lets see now so far doesn't seem like the new Hilton has found any customers among this group of posters.

Guess none of you belong to that upper income group that we need to fill this sort of place.

Me neither.

Darn and I was hoping for just one person willing to tell me they had booked their room at the Hilton.

I have to agree with what has been said already for $400-$500 per night you could be lots of other places around the world US and abroard with airfare included.

Sorry to say I would never pay $400 per night for a room on 32nd street in OC.

I don't think anyone with that kind of money will be hitting this hotel. We will have to see, they need to rent out a lot of rooms to cover the $53 million pricetag for this property.

OC is not South Beach nor the Hamptons nor the Cape,the upper crust ofvacationers does not list OC Maryland as their destination choice.

Located on 32nd street what would someone with MONEY have to do????

A walk across the street at night to the Pirate's Den?dive bar?
    A walk to the Coastal Highway for a burger at McDonald's?
    Perhaps a sub from the corner at Anthony's?

Sorry to say people with REAL money, serious money do not wander on the Boardwalk looking for cheap tee shirts, taffy and Trasher's fries.

People with real money don't party at the Purple Moose, The Party Block or line up to hear Batman.

So then where are all the Hilton's customers going to come from?