Thread: Paradise Plaza

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OCbaby
    Sand Dollars

Stay at Paradise every year

I stay at the Paradise Plaza every year in July and I love it!!! Big rooms, very clean and still quiet on the boardwalk at night, even more quiet if you turn on the air conditioning, that is what we do and we can't hear anything. They also have a very nice restaurant, serves all day. We will be there July 20-23rd.

bsg5698
    Sand Dollars

Beware of sideview

Paradise Plaza is a great location - but I have noticed that some of the online booking websites (travelocity, hotels, cheaphotels) do not clearly state if you are booking an oceanfront room or a SIDEVIEW room - only that you have "a balcony". The sideview will be OK - but may not be what you are expecting! I'd call the hotel directly to get what you want.

keldivy
    Sand Dollars
    We will be staying at the Paradise in Aug. We use to stay at the Santa Maria, but now that is gone, the last two years we stayed at the Americana and wasn't really impressed with that. So we are trying the Paradise, everything I have read so far is pretty favorable. I just have a few questions;

How are the rooms ( we are on ocean front),
    How is the pool?
    I am not sure but I think I seen somewhere a sit down restaurant is also at the site, how is it and what is the menu like.
    (By restaurant I do not mean the Alaska Stand or the Dairy Queen that is on the boardwalk,
    Any input would be helpful.

keldivy
    Sand Dollars
    I just wanted to post about our stay at the Paradise Plaza in Aug.
    For our family this has been one of the nicest places we have stayed at in the last few years. We were very happy with our rooms, nice large bathrooms, which included bath and body shampoo, soap and lotion daily. New towels and maid service daily, Bottled water daily. We very much enjoyed the free wi-fi access and had no problem accessing it. I liked the fact that they had stairways that you could use, which we did alot since we were on the 2nd and 3rd floors, it was only probably 10 steps between floors. The pool is small, but hardly anybody was ever in it, one time we had it all to ourselves.
    The staff was very nice and friendly to us, every time we came in the lobby they always asked how we were doing today, and if we were having a good time.

All in all we had another great time in OC only this time the weather was not the best, but we still were in OC. We plan on coming back to Paradise Plaza next year.
    If anyone stays here, make sure you tell Anthony the security guard that the Pittsburgh Steeler fans said Hi!!!!