Thread: Paradise Plaza

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    accokeekmamie
    Sand Dollars

Paradise Plaza

Any opinions from anyone who has stayed here recently? My family will be staying here July 23 through 30th. I will be sure to submit my opinions on return.

rebellious_chik
    Sand Dollars
    I'm actually booked at the Paradise Plaza July 11th-15th. From what i've read it sounds like the majority of the people enjoyed their stay there. I will let you know how everything goes once I get back.

Sand Dollars

our stay was very pleasant

My husband and I stayed here during the off season and it was nice. The rooms are large and clean, the bathrooms are huge. The staff was very friendly and informative. Hope you both have fun and looking forward to reading your reviews.

rebellious_chik
    Sand Dollars
    Just got back from my stay at Paradise Plaza. We had a wonderful time. The weather was great the whole time. The hotel was actually very nice and clean. Our room was nice, it was pretty large definitely accomodated 6 of us, and we had a wonderful view. We were in room 810.. so it was the top floor. We had a balcony and a view of the ocean, bay, and downtown OC. Definitely the best part of the room. We also had a jacuzzi which was very nice. We weren't very fond of our maid.. mainly because she seemed to have an attitude but other than that, everything went very well. Our neighbors were friendly, along with the staff. The pool was small in size and only went to 4 foot deep. We ate at Jimi's Bar and Grill which is in the hotel and we all enjoyed our food there.

All in all, we had a great time and we would definitely go back to Paradise Plaza. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

wishme
    Sand Dollars
    Just got back from a stay at Paradise Plaza. It had it's good and bad points like all hotels. We had a wonderful room with 2 beds, kitchenette, sleeper sofa. Room was really nice, modern and clean. We stayed on the 4th floor and the view was wonderful! Great view of the ocean, beach and even low enough for people watching on the boardwalk. Almost the whole wall is window, so you could see the ocean from the time you walk in the door. And even with all the noise on the boardwalk at night, when you closed the balcony door, it was completely quiet. Great soundproofing. We loved the comfy robes. Jimi's restaurant downstairs was relaxing and quiet.

Now for the bad. The front desk (ugh) was very unhelpful and impolite. Housecleaning was friendly and spoke to us everytime they saw us..the front desk just ignored you until you yelled to get their attention. I brought my laptop, but there was nothing said or noted about how to set it up and it wouldn't work. Once we called the front desk a couple of times, they told us that the port wasn't working yet and to plug the cord into the phone on the other wall.

The elevator stopped on my BF and the door wouldn't open. Another woman said she got stuck in it, too. Finally they posted it out of order. So I had to hoof it up a really dark, creepy stairwell to get to the room, countless times every day. 58 steps...yes, I counted. Someone kept pulling the fire alarm as soon as we got to sleep. By the time the hotel was evacuated and the fire dept. came and checked things out, who could sleep! (Not the hotels fault, I know, but frustrating).

I believe the hotel has 70ish rooms, but they only have 4 luggage carts. Grab one early! At checkout you will have to lug all your stuff down the elevator (I mean steps). And don't book the room for the pool. It's very tiny and in a stinky location.

I must be getting old because that end of the boardwalk is no longer appealing to me. Next time I will stay farther down the other end...less crowded and much cleaner.

Sand Dollars
    Wishme - I too do not care to stay on the southern end of the boardwalk, too crowded. Do not get me wrong, I love the boardwalk, but when I am done with it for the day, I am ready to return to our midtown 38th Street location. We rent an oceanfront condo and everything around us basically is condos and the Castle in the Sand Hotel, which attracts a very nice clean family crowd. I have also stayed at the north end of the boardwalk, it is much more quiet and you still have easy access to the boardwalk for a leisurely stroll down the boards. The Dunes Motel & Dunes Manor Hotel are not directly on the boardwalk, but the Dunes Motel is the first motel off the very end and the Dunes Manor is basically right beside it. I have stayed at both of these establishments and they are both excellent.

wishme
    Sand Dollars
    We are going back in about a month and I think we will try the Dunes Motel. Thanks for the advice!

Sand Dollars
    wishme - Let us know your thoughts on the Dunes Motel when you get back!

OCbaby
    Sand Dollars

Always stay at Paradise Plaza

I have always had an excellent stay when I stay at Paradise, I love the balcony on 9th street and the stores right in front of the hotel. Room is clean, hotel staff is nice, room is quiet - even on the boards.

wannabeinOC
    Sand Dollars

paradise plaza

i stayed at paradise plaza in june of 03 for senior week and though the hotel was clean and modern, i wasn't too impressed. i had a view of the bay which was gorgeous, and the location is nice. the bathroom was nothing to scream about (i'm very particular about cleanliness and comfort). the lobby is EXTREMELY small and can get super busy during check-in/out, also due to the fact it shares entrances with dairy queen and souvenir shops (that can be a plus though because of the convenience). the pool is also small, but they didn't have much room to work with. all in all, the place is nice, but i wouldn't say the best. don't mean to be such a debbie downer...just giving my opinion )