Thread: Santa Maria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    intheknow
    Sand Dollars
    Same owners, different setup and concept.

Joemel
    Sand Dollars

Santa Maria Photo's

I got one last shot of the last two floors up but all the rest of the Hotel was lying in dust......If any one wnts an email of it I'll be glad to send one..
    I was there the week of July 9th 2005

LuvdTheSantaMaria
    Sand Dollars

Joemel...please send your pics

Hi Joemel:

Yes, please send any pix you have to me! moparjeff@yahoo.com Thanks very much.

songbird
    Sand Dollars

Santa Maria

I believe that the Captain's Table Restaurant will be rebuilt with whatever is going to be there. I agree it was a nice motel. It was built in the 1950's by Willye Ludlam, if I'm remembering my facts correctly.

sc002
    Sand Dollars

Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that as of August 2006, construction of the Miramar Condominiums has yet to begin. The only thing different from last summer that I saw was that the debris of the Santa Maria Motel was cleaned up. I don't know what is taking so long, as the Santa Maria could stayed open two more summers!

Sand Dollars
    Actually, I believe that the owners have had a change in plans and are not going to build condominiums - they are going to rebuild as a hotel. As far as I'm concerned, I think it's a wonderful decision. They did a wonderful job operating their facilities in the past and with brand new construction, should do an even better job with their new facilities.

sc002
    Sand Dollars
    I'm glad to hear that, although if that is the case, then the information regarding the condominiums posted along the boardwalk (in front of where the hotel was) should be taken down.

Beth'sOC
    Sand Dollars
    Definably going to be a hotel.

My sister was supposed to buy one and has been bummed out for weeks that she won't be able to anymore.

intheknow
    Sand Dollars
    This is happening to a lot of Condo projects. They aren't selling any, so they have to change plans. It's not like people are 2+ years into a project and then decide to all of a sudden go back to what they already had. People saw the dollar signs and then it didn't work out.

Sand Dollars
    And who can blame them? If you were going to spend the kind of money it takes to develop a project, you'd want to make sure it was as successful as possible - wouldn't you?