+ Reply to Thread
    alexking_25
    Sand Dollars

Has anyone stayed at the Eden Roc?

Im coming to Ocean city, Md in 3 weeks. I am staying at the Eden Roc. Is this motel clean? and in a good walking distance to all of the sites? all information about the hotel would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to find alot about it..

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

eden roc

[QUOTE=alexking_25]Im coming to Ocean city, Md in 3 weeks. I am staying at the Eden Roc. Is this motel clean? and in a good walking distance to all of the sites? all information about the hotel would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to find alot about it..

yes ive been there but its been awhile - it was a nice place with a nice pool when we went years back .. it was clean and the people were nice .. its in good walking distance to everything ... boardwalk is right there so you will be able to get to everything .. its a pretty small establishment but its good for the price $'s - hope u have a good summer and it turns out to be a nice place for u ..

jane marsh
    Sand Dollars
    Hello,
    I've been staying at the Eden Roc for many years. It's a mom and pop bussiness. Very clean, nice staff. Clean pool.Very centrally located. They updated the rooms a few years ago. Expanded the bathrooms, new refrigerators. You can't beat the price. It gets dwarfed by the Grand hotel.Plenty of parking around the motel as well as the parking garage right next to it. O.C's best kept secret of a little gem. Hope this helps.

wannabeinOC
    Sand Dollars
    i disagree. i checked out the eden roc last may, and, at least the rooms i saw, were awful. i saw an oceanfront efficiency as well as a regular room. nothing matched, the rooms looked disheveled, and definitely nothing like their brochures. and i'm pretty sure the toilet had been used in one of the rooms and not flushed...um, gross. but if you don't care about stuff like that, then you probably wouldn't mind staying there, since they have a pool and stuff. but for the quality of the room, you might as well stay somewhere cheaper. i hope this gives you a new perspective.

jane marsh
    Sand Dollars
    I am sorry that you found the place in disarray. I can only speak from years of consistent customer satisfaction that I have experienced. I have stayed at other, more expensive motels and to be honest the Eden Roc far surpassed the cleanliness and over all appearance and upkeep of the "bigger is not always better" motels.I have also stayed in the efficiences, both front and back, and the motel itself so I have knowledge of all the areas. I stand by what I originally said. It is a gem that is reasonable in price and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

eden roc

Quote Originally Posted by alexking_25
    Im coming to Ocean city, Md in 3 weeks. I am staying at the Eden Roc. Is this motel clean? and in a good walking distance to all of the sites? all information about the hotel would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to find alot about it..

the eden roc may be a little old but who is going to stay in the room longer than sleeping,showering and maybe eating a little something .. its ok not the best place but its somewhere thats reasonable and has a pool.

fordcity
    Sand Dollars
    nope I haven't

alexking_25
    Sand Dollars
    thanks for the replies.I wont be there long enough to eat sleep and take a shower so it doesnt have to be perfect. As long as its clean and in a good location.

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

eden roc

Quote Originally Posted by alexking_25
    thanks for the replies.I wont be there long enough to eat sleep and take a shower so it doesnt have to be perfect. As long as its clean and in a good location.

ALEX - THE EDEN ISNT LIKE ANY OF THE BIG NAME PLACES ITS LIKE I SAID JUST SOMEWHERE TO SLEEP AND MAYBE EAT A LIL' SOMETHING .. THEY USED TO HAVE BIKES THERE TO RIDE RIGHT AROUND THAT AREA .. AND THE BEACH IS DIFINTELY WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE AND THE BOARDS ARE RIGHT THERE ... ITS FUN JUST NOT THE PRINCESS ROYALE ..

HOPE IT TURNS OUT TO BE AN OK TRIP