+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Kwhit
    Anyone remember when Seacrets had live ducks,chickens and other birds walking around INSIDE?

planningtobelocal
    Sand Dollars
    Seacrets still has live chickens walking around inside.

Does anyone remember when Seacrets was a private club for locals only?

How about the 9th Street pizza pub. The best pizza in OC, plus it's where I fell in love for the first time.

How about when the McDonalds in North OC would start selling Egg McMuffins at midnight

25 cent beers at Castle in the Sand

Ahhh, those were the days

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwhit View Post
    Anyone remember when Seacrets had live ducks,chickens and other birds walking around INSIDE?
    Yeap I remember. Actually, Seacrets "officially" only kept and fed those exotic looking chickens. If you saw any other type of bird like mallard ducks, then they found their own way onto the property.

Also, its really only been the last two summers that Seacrets stopped the chicken thing. Apparently, one of the chickens learned how to get up onto the light posts and relieved itself on more than one patron down below. That was the end of the chickens.

Sand Dollars

About Bozo

Bozo was a hilarious guy, I've known him for about 21 years. He actually never got fired, he left because he had a child. Which, is why I am here.

Sand Dollars

A hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Jr View Post
    Bozo was a hilarious guy, I've known him for about 21 years. He actually never got fired, he left because he had a child. Which, is why I am here.
    Priceless....thanks for the laugh. Bozo drew a huge crowd for hours at a time. He was often imitated but never duplicated.

Sand Dollars
    Never went to OC in my youth so love reading these memories. We traveled all over the U.S. when I was growing up. Have great memories of Miami Beach, But Locally we went to Asbury Park and Seaside heights for the day. The only beaches we ever stayed over at were during our annual trip to Florida around the holidays in December.

Love going to OC now but have to change it up every now and then. Like to explore and go new places.

Sand Dollars

Reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by pavisitor View Post
    Never went to OC in my youth so love reading these memories. We traveled all over the U.S. when I was growing up. Have great memories of Miami Beach, But Locally we went to Asbury Park and Seaside heights for the day. The only beaches we ever stayed over at were during our annual trip to Florida around the holidays in December.

Love going to OC now but have to change it up every now and then. Like to explore and go new places.

See thats, where I can almost but not quite agree. Our family is hooked on Ocean City. Sure, we venture to Chincoteque VA for a day or so but ultimately, OCMD is our favorite place.

I miss the boardwalk, pre-high rise. I miss looking down the boards from the inlet and not seeing them. I miss the mom and pop motels and restaurants and just general feel of the area.

As much as I love OC, though, I think I loved it better before all of the "Progress".

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwhit View Post
    If I can find the pictures I took I will post them. My wife got a big kick out of that

Sand Dollars
    I've been a lot of places, but OC is like home for me. You know that feeling you get when you've been away for a long time and you finally come home? I get that feeling every time we cross the bridge into OC. It's part of me.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Stayed at the Breaker's every summer. Remember the two blind gentlemen that played guitar and banjo with tin cups on the ends. One of them had a dog.
    The hotel next to the Breakers had a restaurant in the basement and you would wake up to the sounds of dishes being moved.
    There was a glass blowing place, the life guard station on the boardwalk, and the clam shell looking band stage with the benches
    to sit on and enjoy the concerts.
    Last edited by Lynn; 03-26-2014 at 09:06 PM.