I didn't see this thread so I thought I'd start it. I like talking about the Ocean City of my youth, and I thought others might, also. I'd love to hear personal experiences or stories relating to the Ocean City of yesteryear.

Circa: 1976. I'll begin with one experience. When I was in my 20's, my girlfriend and I went to the Bonfire one night just for drinks and the hope of finding the love of our lives. Back then, the Bonfire was a very upscale restaurant and night club. Anyway, a man called us over and introduced us to two men, one of them being Bobby Boyd, and I'm hoping I'm remembering his name correctly. He was a football player for the Baltimore Colts. Being from Bucks County, PA, I hardly knew any of the Eagles, let alone the Colts, outside of Johnny Unitas. He was such a nice man, which impressed me the most, but that ring he wore was unreal. I'd never seen anything like it. It was a championship ring with a big stone in the middle of a football stadium with the scores on the side. All that on one ring. We left shortly after speaking with him on our way to another place to find the loves of our lives. I found mine 6 years later, and we've been married 22 years.