+ Reply to Thread
    adamt12
    Sand Dollars

need help,park place,quality beachfront or others

hi, i currently have 2 reservations for august 26th. One is at the park place hotel on the boardwalk and the other is at the quality inn beachfront. My concerns are that it has been so rainy and if we hit bad weather, it would be nice to have a indoor pool.
    The park place doesnt have a indoor and i heard the outdoor is very small. The quality inn beachfront has a strange policy for reservations, they wont take a credit card over the phone, they want me to mail a check for a third of the balance which i have a major problem doing. Plus there is really no onsite restraunt and im hearing the property is alittle run down.
    Now i am also considering the dunes manor, the princess royale or the monte carlo.
    How are the indoor pools at the monte carlo or the dunes manor. I have a few days to make a decision and im more confused now then ever.
    so to summarize, whats the pick,
    1- the park place
    2- the qualityinn beachfront
    3- the dunes manor
    4- the monte carlo
    5- the princess royale
    any input would be appreciated.
    thanks
    p.s. traveling with inlaws and a 7 yearold and a 4 year old

DianeR
    Sand Dollars

Princess Royale

I have only stayed at one hotel on your list, the Princess Royale. Great indoor pool (good size) and the suites are nice since they have a separate bedroom. Our boys were about 8 and 10 the first time we stayed there and they stayed on the sleeper sofa in the living room. I also heard they recently did some renovations. It worked fine for us. A lot of familes with young (under 13) children stay there. Our kids always met someone while we were there and there was always a game (B-ball or volleyball) going on in the pool. Some of the rooms actually open right onto the pool area. I've stayed on the outside units and the inside. We just outgrew the space. My boys are 18 and 20 now and we rent a 2 bedroom condo.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Some reviews on the Dunes Manor

"Dunes Manor immaculately clean," A TripAdvisor User, Tuxedo, New York, March 30, 2004
    After reading several reviews about the Dunes Manor in Ocean City, Maryland, I had some concerns. I was...

"better elsewhere," A TripAdvisor User, mansfield, nj, November 6, 2003
    My family and I have stayed in the Dunes over the years. Since last year I have noticed a nice change...

"Forget Breakfast," cmt@jta-atc.com, ROCKVILLE, MD, October 20, 2003
    We had guests in town so drove to O/C and stayed at the Dunes Hotel which we always enjoy. The next morning...

"Have had better experiences," A TripAdvisor User, Harrisburg, PA, October 7, 2003
    This was my third visit to this establishment. As with the other reviewers, I have loved this establishment...

"I would stay here again...," A TripAdvisor User, State College, PA, October 2, 2003
    Our stay here was in the last week of August. What makes this Hotel above average is the location.. and...

"nice weekend," A TripAdvisor User, woodbridge, Va, September 29, 2003
    After reading all of your reviews here, I chose The Dunes Manor. I was very happy with the choice. All...

"Loved it! - August 22, 2003," A TripAdvisor User, Pittsburgh, PA, August 26, 2003
    I had a wonderful time at the Dunes Manor! The hotel is very beautiful and deserves at least a 3 star...

"Spectacular! Top of the list for me!!!," A TripAdvisor User, Lebanon, PA, August 26, 2003
    This lovely, elegant but with an air to the casual and comfortable hotel/inn was the tops!!!!! From the...

"Above the Rest !," A TripAdvisor User, Stewartsville, NJ, August 24, 2003
    Just spent a week at the Dunes Manor Resort. Very enjoyable. Full service hotel.. which is a rare thing...

"Between above average & excellent - Dunes Manor Hotel," A TripAdvisor User, a mom from central pa, August 13, 2003
    We stayed at the Dunes Manor HOTEL, not the Dunes motel, July 28-August 2. The Dunes Manor HOTEL is a...

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

Another's thoughts

have stayed in the Dunes Manor Hotel and would say that it is the best hotel in Ocean City by far. It is clean and well-kept. It has even been completely renovated about 2 or 3 years ago. I still frequent the restaurant for breakfast and have always been pleased with the food and service. When you say Sandcastle, I assume you mean Castle in the Sand Hotel on 37th Street. We have stayed next door to that hotel in a condominium for the past 11 years. It has a great location, not too far away from the action, but it is in a more quiet area. All around it are very nice condominium complexes, it really is the only oceanfront hotel for several blocks in that area. Therefore, there are rarely loud and roudy beachgoers in that area. The Castle in the Sand has received excellent reviews in this forum. Check out their website, www.castleinthesand.com. Although it doesn't look fancy from the outside, the rooms are very nice and above average. This hotel is very family oriented. You may prefer it over the Dunes Manor because the Dunes Manor has all interior corridors, so you have to go through the lobby and wait for an elevator, while at the Castle in the Sand, you could just walk the stairs to your room, which may be easier if you have younger children that will need to go back to your room while on the beach. Either way, you can't go wrong. I've never stayed at the Princess Royale, but it has received mixed reviews on this forum and is way up far in north OC. I hope I have been some help and I hope you have a great time in OC!

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars

My previous post

Today, 11:49 PM
    NY-MD
    Member Join Date: Jan 2004

My opinion:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DUNES MANOR
    For location ( you are at the northern end of the Broadwalk take a two block walk jump on the tram ride and enjoy the trip down to the inlet where more of the action is) walk across the street and try COINS a local hangout for the steamed shrimp, seafood skins, and crab cakes, go one more block and the amusement park with rides and miniature golf, indoor pool, good food in the hotel, and large deck facing the ocean with rocking chairs to hang out on and relax, If you have any other questions just ask.

Below is a post I previously provided......

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NY-MD
    Have you traveled to O.C. before? Your choice has something to do with what you are looking for on your trip.

Of the hotels you have listed my first choice would be The Dunes Manor. It is on the upper end of the hotel scale. The location is right at the northern most end of the Broadwalk close enough to the action but far enough away to relax and enjoy peace and quiet if you need some of that.

Very clean comfortable and well run hotel.

The Clarion is towards the northern end of town and surrounded by mostly condos and little else in the immediate area. You would have to travel to get near the Broadwalk.

Princess Royale also towards the northern end of town and a little out of the way unless you plan to stay in the hotel all the time. This forum and others have been less then kind in some of the reviews for this property.

The Sandcastle has gotten good reviews but might be a step down from the Dunes Manor.

For location, physical condition, service and with the best chance of fulfilling most of your needs I would look into the Dunes Manor.

Just my opinion I hope wherever you decide you enjoy your time in Ocean City.

JON

adamt12
    Sand Dollars
    just found a good deal at the best western flagship which is on the boardwalk and would be about a couple hundred less than the dunes manor.
    Not much info about the best western, anybody stayed there?
    also, anyone know if the dunes manor has a game room
    is the indoor pool a decent size
    thanks all for the replies

ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars

Park Place

The only one that I've stayed at before is Park Place. We actually stayed there and booked it again the next year. You are right...there is no indoor pool and the outdoor pool while isn't tiny is on the small side. They also supposedly have a game room although I've never checked it out. It is in a prime location though...right on the boardwalk between 2nd and 3rd. We've NEVER had any bad experiences...the rooms and the hotel in general are always very clean and the staff is always helpful.