+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    Thank you for the response. Nice cars!

emilysmom04
    Sand Dollars

Barefoot Mailman

its a nice place - its clean and alot of folks with kids and without do stay there .. popular' is the word! its a place to stay even tho its not the condo that your used to it has a good shower, beds are nice and you wont be there the whole time so its good enough to lay your heads down LOL .. the pool was nice too! Hey if the place doesnt have a pool i dont stay LOL .. have a good trip - hope it turns out to be a nice weekend for you!

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    Thank you for the response. I just want a clean, comfortable place to sleep at night. It does not have to be anything fancy. Knowing that families stay there and the pool is nice (clean?) is a bonus. I can not wait for September and our weekend in OC.

BTW, even bad weather is okay when we are in OC. We have been known to mini-golf, walk the board walk and/or shop in the rain. Just as long as there is no lightning. We were there many years ago during a hurricane and only had two days of sun the whole week. The other couple we went down with left and went home after one day. We stayed, kept ourselves occupied and had a good time (boarding up the windows of the condo we were in and living with the balcony furniture inside. LOL). Of course, we prefer the beautiful weather OC is famous for, but we just love the whole OC atmosphere and everything.

ziptrip125
    Sand Dollars

ziptrip125

My sister, her husband and their dog stayed at the Barefoot Mailman for about 5 days in Sept. 2004 and liked it very much. We came to visit them because we were staying at the Golden Sands and they do not allow pets. All looked great to us, pool was very clean as well as the room.

fordcity
    Sand Dollars
    we stay the weekend before they close for the year.Our dog loves it.

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    Cute dog!!!

Thank you all so much for putting my mind at ease. I am really looking forward to our stay at The Barefoot Mailman now.

This will be the first year we are staying at a place that allows pets, so it will be the first time in OC for our Australian Shepherd and Cocker Spaniel. I always clean up after them when out for a walk, so other than that, is there anything else I should know about having dogs in OC?

Sand Dollars
    No dogs allowed on beach during the summer.

fordcity
    Sand Dollars
    theres only the ist 3 weeks in october in the fall dogs are allowed on the boardwalk and the motel is open,it closes for the year durring the 4th week of oct.Its really neat seeing all these dogs on the boardwalk. they half to be on a leash once in a while you'll se a dog with the leash on his back walking his self.

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    Just wanted to let everyone know what a terrific motel this place is. The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. We had a king-size bed and a queen-size bed, along with a small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. The room was full, but not overcrowded for the two of us. The bathroom was a good size and clean, clean clean!!!! We were so happy with the way our room was kept during our stay that we left a larger tip than usual for the person who cleaned our room.

The people at the front desk were welcoming, helpful, friendly, pleasant and knowlegable. The pool looked clean and inviting, even though we did not go in as we prefer the beach. I thought the rate we paid for our stay was reasonable.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone.

fordcity
    Sand Dollars
    we'll be there in about a month