+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Put in a Jump

On the old format there used to be a clickable text ("next thread"). When clicked, you would go automatically to the next most recent thread that was created or replied to. I liked that feature on the old format, but don't see it on this one.

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Forum Update

Hello,
    We have continued our efforts to add features onto the OceanCity.com forum based on your requests. Some of the new features that have been included are:
    Tracking Recent Posts: To view recent posts by a user, click on the user's name, and then the "Track" link
    Subscriptions: Use this to be notified of when new posts or other content or your choosing is submitted. You'll find a "subscribe" link in the first post of the thread. To manage your subscriptions, click on the "My Account" link on the left and then go to subscriptions.
    Flag Content: Notify the administrator when inappropriate content or users are on the forum.
    Signatures: You can now administer your signature from the link on the left.
    Apply for Role: If you are interested in becoming a moderator, you'll find the "Apply for Role" link after clicking the "My account" link on the left.

The next update will include a "User Expertise" addition which will evaluate users and display the results on the user's profile page.

In addition to using the forum, users can create new blogs. You can find the link for creating your new blog under the "Create Content" section on the left.

As always, your feedback is very important to us, and we will continue to add new features as they are requested. As DeanM mentioned, the value of the forum is the information provided by you, the users. To make this the best resource, we will continue to count on your feedback to improve the forum and make this an ideal setting for sharing your valued knowledge.

Sand Dollars

Getting better

The site has made major leaps and bounds in becoming more user friendly.
    peronaly I'd like to bring back the ranking of members ie., junior member, member, senior member, I'd also like to bring back the number of posts made by each member and have it listed next to the joined date.

The use of this new block format is good, I personaly would like to have the blocks a little wider, and more centered, just to cut down on all this scrolling.

The member service block at the top left takes up a lot of space for nothing,(IMO) those could be streamlined horizontal across the top or bottom of the page, and the links to - Golf, Dining, Real Estate, could be omited altogether. We all know to go to the OceanCity.com front page if we need these links, so they really serve no purpous on THIS page at all.

Also I think we need to bring back the emotions so people understand the spirit in which things are said.

Sand Dollars

Sorry guys, still not

Sorry guys, still not impressed, seems like the posts inside the threads are not sorted by date, not sorted at all?

How do i get my avatar posted?

Sand Dollars

No Sig.?

Sig. test:

OCJay
    Sand Dollars

Sorry guys I still hate

Sorry guys I still hate it.

Moving on elsewhere till you fix it.

Why not a nice vBulletin Board?

OCJay

lrc4oc
    Sand Dollars

new forum horrible

OCJay, where are you moving to? I just joined and then they did this. I really loved reading all of the comments, especially about the different restaurants. We are always looking for new places to try and the old forum really was great. It doesn't seem like any of the regulars are putting comments on this new forum.

Sand Dollars

Do not like.I like the site

Do not like.

I like the site and have been here a long time, but it's just not the same. Where is everyone going?

fidobuster
    Sand Dollars

I agree w/ all the other

I agree w/ all the other posters. I do not like the new format. Can we go back to the old one? I guess i will cast my vote by not coming back, unless it is to check and see if a better or the old format has been reinstated. It's a shame, this was really the only place i came to read about and share experiences of my favorite place in the world. I am just so disappointed.

FIDOBUSTER

Sand Dollars

Yep. I agree with everyone

Yep. I agree with everyone else. This site is terrible. The old site was 100 times better, and I've been on here nearly five years with close to 1000 posts. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere for Ocean City info. And it makes me sad, because I really enjoyed this site. See ya.