+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Admin made it sound like

Admin made it sound like people were complaining about the old site. Has anyone ever complained about its format. I know there were times that it might have been slow, but I never read any posts that the format of the site was poor. That was always a strong suit of the site.

Sand Dollars

The recent improvements are

The recent improvements are better. It's much easier to read the individual responses with the block format.

Sand Dollars

I don't know...

it's better than it was yesterday but I still think it has along way to go... I called and talked to the administrator yesterday and voiced my concerns, I will say he was very receptive, and I do believe they are working hard to fix this site and get it to the point where people will actaully want to post & read on here again. However seeing the changes and impovements that have been made in the last 24 hrs, tells me this is looking like an uphill battle.
    Truthfuly, I really believe at this point the best thing they could do would be to switch it back to the original format, because by the time they get the bugs worked out enough for it to be considered "user friendly", there may not be any "users" left that even care.

Sand Dollars

I don't like it either. Put

I don't like it either. Put it back to the old version.

Sand Dollars

Sorry, but this forum is

Sorry, but this forum is still bad. Why such loooonnnnngg posts? The way it was before was so much better and user friendly. Please go back to the old format. And why do I have to do an extra step to post a reply? I don't need to preview my comment and then post. Big thumbs down all around.

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Reply Previews

Hi Z06RL,
    Thanks very much for the feedback. Previewing replies is now optional; you will no longer be required to take the extra step.
    Please let us know any other changes that you would like to see, and we take care of them as quickly as possible.
    Thanks.

Sand Dollars

Some needed enhancements (to get back to what we had)

Some things that need to be updated (or made more obvious if they are here somewhere already)

1. Bring back the "new Posts" feature, so ZI can lick in one spot to see all new posts sime my last logon

2. Let me see posts in date order so the newest is at the bottom (or the top)

3. Better colors, the yellow and blue is painful...

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Posting order

Hi OCGuy,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    The order of the posts is being worked on right now and the changes will be visible on the forum tomorrow.
    We will also work on incorporating the "new Posts" feature.
    In regards to the color issue, the OceanCity.com website will have a new design in the coming months and the new colors will be reflected in the forum as well.

Sand Dollars

Looks fine to me. Hey, I'm

Looks fine to me. Hey, I'm not going to complain about a free site. Thanks for putting this site out there.

Sand Dollars

I disagree

Terp84alum, with all do respect I could not disagree more. I feel that after 3&1/2 years of posting on here I have the right to complain.

Many of us for years have spent uncounted hours reading & posting on this site - promoting it, and Ocean City itself. We are the ones who been providing our personal experiences with the lodging, restuarants, and attractions of this resort town, and we've been doing THAT for "free". The kind of insider info that the members of this forum have provided vacationers with over the years is priceless! and for that I believe we all have the right to complain...

And just look at what has happend here since the new format was installed. Activity here has all but went through the basement. The thread with the most posts on here is the one with people complaing about the site! This to me speaks volumes. If this were up to a vote, it would be a landslide victory to switch it back to the old format. - hands down -
    Matter of fact I think THAT would be a good idea, why don't we take a poll and see who here is in favor of this new format, and who would like to see it go back the way it was??? Sounds like a fair solution to me.